GOD DARN IT! WHAT A FED UP SEMESTER.

SVTSTORM

Established Member
Got totally screwed over in Organic Chemistry 2 and Calculus (a course that I took 5 years ago in 10th grade).

Really hating it. the idiot professor did not even curve the class even though the class average was a 51% (D-) for 33 students in Organic Chemistry2.

Time to go get drunk and jump off the bridge!

I hate my f-ing life!

darkcrayz

Established Member
yep, I hate professors like that, that pride themselves on high drop outs and low averages. They should care more about passing and A's then how many they can get to drop out.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I feel ya. I just wrapped up a Financial Accounting class and it was unbelievably hard. I studied my ass off and still didn't do that well. The class was close to 180 people and there were 5 A's. The class average was somewhere in the 60s. I know how you feel.

-Brett

SVTSTORM

Established Member
Originally posted by BreBar21
I feel ya. I just wrapped up a Financial Accounting class and it was unbelievably hard. I studied my ass off and still didn't do that well. The class was close to 180 people and there were 5 A's. The class average was somewhere in the 60s. I know how you feel.

-Brett

this is my life man. this totally sucks. i thought i did well. GPA took a huge dive. Seems like University of Michigan is no longer on my radar for Grad Schools :fm:

i totally hate this. This means, i have two semesters to pull GPA up and must get like a 1500 on the GREs which is not easy

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN

at the moment my life sucks, parents are not too happy with this semester and they WILL BE ON my back when i get back home!

SVTSTORM

Established Member
Originally posted by darkcrayz
yep, I hate professors like that, that pride themselves on high drop outs and low averages. They should care more about passing and A's then how many they can get to drop out.

i understand. i mean the entire class (except the people who are retaking the same course) got like in C, C-, D, D- range.

1 or 2 A
then everything goes down.

this is how it was.
Test 1 AVG (33 students) = 65
Test 2 AVG (33 students) = 55
Test 3 AVG (33 students) = 52 (15 people got less than 41 percent including 3 chemistry majors; lowest grade was a 12 and high was a 90)
Test 4 AVG (33 students) = 51
Finals (2 test grades worth) - i dont think i want to know.

I hit the average on all the exam with the exception of Exam 4 (I had a 40 on that exam)

now TECHNICALLY, it MUST BE A "C" and not a "D-"
the fool did not curve it and i guess that is what killed me.

This school doesn't teach well but takes the pleasure of raping your grades! They used to have a high reputation for Bio and Chem in US back in the day but those professors are long gone. Now i heard they are trying to make it into an Ivy League (which i think is Bull SHITE) and this is what they do.....grade and kill every GPA on the block!

:fm: :fm: :fm: :fm:

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
If the school's teaching is so poor, why don't you just find another school? :shrug:

SVTSTORM

Established Member
Originally posted by TRDNiteLife
If the school's teaching is so poor, why don't you just find another school? :shrug:

see that is what i was thinking tooo but do you think transferring out at the end of my junior year is a good idea? Please advise if you have been through similar situation? I am willing to listen. Thanks

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Wait to you get into the business world. Your life might go like a conversation I had recently:

Boss: "I'd like you to put together a demonstration of virtual reality capability that will impress our customers"

Me: "When do you need it, and what's the budget"

Boss: "Next week, and there's no budget. Maybe you can scrounge something up"

Me: "Can I postpone the deadlines for the projects I'm currently working on?"

Boss: "No, you need to meet those deadlines. This you can do in your 'spare time' "

Some day you'll look back on school and wish you were there again.

SVTSTORM

Established Member
Originally posted by harry gilbert
Wait to you get into the business world. Your life might go like a conversation I had recently:

Boss: "I'd like you to put together a demonstration of virtual reality capability that will impress our customers"

Me: "When do you need it, and what's the budget"

Boss: "Next week, and there's no budget. Maybe you can scrounge something up"

Me: "Can I postpone the deadlines for the projects I'm currently working on?"

Boss: "No, you need to meet those deadlines. This you can do in your 'spare time' "

Some day you'll look back on school and wish you were there again.

yeah....true...people have always said that....but i think i am at that level right now...engineering programs are not easy :)

thanks for the advise though....i appreciate it :)

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra2000
see that is what i was thinking tooo but do you think transferring out at the end of my junior year is a good idea? Please advise if you have been through similar situation? I am willing to listen. Thanks

Sorry, I haven't been in a situation like that. I'm just starting my Junior year in the spring with the University of South Florida and I really like it...no problems yet. Good luck with your situation though.

mx_9

Established Member
You have a right to be pissed. If the class average is that low then the teacher is just pointing out things that you don't know on tests. That means that he is not doing a good job teaching and that you are not getting your moneys worth. Period.

I hated teachers like that. It's your moneyand time that they are wasting. Sure, a couple of people will still get in the 90's on the test but the point is, are they teaching to the exceptional kids or are they teaching to the masses????

Users who are viewing this thread