GOING AUTOMATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!(need info)

BERT306

Established Member
ok i got the twin 57's and thought i would like the idea of having a 6 speed with this setup but not really liking the coming in and out of boost in between gear changes and not really wanting to get it it put on me by a kb or whipple car cause of this so i've decided to go with a fully built turbo 400 with a trans brake and need some input on ideas for shifters and shifter location and also what converter would be best for this setup and any other input u have would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advance

MEAN_SBC

Established Member
My car has twin 61's and a JW TH400 with brake. I would call JW on the transmission. They can also help you with a converter...

On the shifter, move it back on the console.. Way up by the stereo is too far forward IMO.. My car has a Hurst Quarter Stick... It's got custom ABS plastic bezels to block the factory shifter hole, and where the console was cut out for the shifter. The factory shifter spot makes a great spot for an XM radio, or a cup holder.. LOL Pics: (I just ran out and snapped these with my phone.. Sorry the light in the parking garage here at work isn't all that great!

cobrashifter1.jpg

cobrashifter2.jpg

cobraxm.jpg

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Being 6'2 and wanting to keep the interior stock looking, I kept my shifter in the factory location. Its a B&M pro ratchet shifter that has been moded just a little.

Last edited:

BERT306

Established Member
Mean sbc i love that shifter setup can you tell me where you got that Bezel for the shifter from im gonna go with that setup you have that looks sick as Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BERT306

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone!! I hope im gonna like the switch to automatic it just seems like a terminator you should be banging gears lol

MEAN_SBC

Established Member
Mean sbc i love that shifter setup can you tell me where you got that Bezel for the shifter from im gonna go with that setup you have that looks sick as Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the car this way, but it's a custom piece cut out of a piece of ABS plastic.. It wouldn't be hard to reproduce..

shhak

Established Member
Here's a pic of my shifter setup. A member on here, 4sdvenom, makes the setup. He's very reasonable and does great work. Puts the shifter exactly where it needs to be.

S5303576.jpg

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Mine so far. I really like my cuo holders:)
IMG_20110411_175300.jpg

IMG_20110411_175215.jpg

Last edited:

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Never had an issue with the Hurst quarter stick there the past 5 years, so I saw no reason to move it.

smaknu9

ZEUS!!!!
Established Member
Here's a pic of my shifter setup. A member on here, 4sdvenom, makes the setup. He's very reasonable and does great work. Puts the shifter exactly where it needs to be.

S5303576.jpg

I would like to get this bezel for my cobra, if you can get in touch with this dude & have him e-mail me please. [email protected] I have mine in the stk location and yes when you are in a 5 way harness its a little tough to flip switches (352/445/9602 ) thanks Robert

smaknu9

ZEUS!!!!
Established Member
My car has twin 61's and a JW TH400 with brake. I would call JW on the transmission. They can also help you with a converter...

On the shifter, move it back on the console.. Way up by the stereo is too far forward IMO.. My car has a Hurst Quarter Stick... It's got custom ABS plastic bezels to block the factory shifter hole, and where the console was cut out for the shifter. The factory shifter spot makes a great spot for an XM radio, or a cup holder.. LOL Pics: (I just ran out and snapped these with my phone.. Sorry the light in the parking garage here at work isn't all that great!

cobrashifter1.jpg

cobrashifter2.jpg

cobraxm.jpg
I would like to have this bezel!!! Please e-mail me or call me ([email protected] or 352/445/9602 (thanks Robert

C666

Established Member
If you decide to go 4r70 hit me up I have a great turbo conveter

Users who are viewing this thread