Going away from power pipe. Questions..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea I don't disagree, that's why i mentioned the data logs. The dyno runs would be just for power numbers and hood closed would be as close to finding real world numbers as I guess you could get. Would be a test that few, if any, have done i bet.
Nah a guy has done it, like I said he picked up 150rwhp on the dyno and 3 psi. From going from a open blower to a bellmouth..and he did a test with a turboguard maxx to nothing to bellmouth.. F1-94A coyote car.. went from 1350 to 1500rwhp.. again this is on the very very extreme side of hp in a full race application.

PMAS has done a test with a Turboguard maxx, standard filter, and a race filter in terms of measuring CFM etc.. Turboguard was the worse.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Nah a guy has done it, like I said he picked up 150rwhp on the dyno and 3 psi. From going from a open blower to a bellmouth..and he did a test with a turboguard maxx to nothing to bellmouth.. F1-94A coyote car.. went from 1350 to 1500rwhp.. again this is on the very very extreme side of hp in a full race application.

PMAS has done a test with a Turboguard maxx, standard filter, and a race filter in terms of measuring CFM etc.. Turboguard was the worse.
Yea but that test was missing the power pipe though. Whether or not a power pipe in real world conditions can provide low enough iats to be a benefit over something right behind the radiator is what interests me. (Not that I'm ever personally going that direction, but still). On an extreme build it would have to be one hell of a large pipe though. Or what about a power pipe that rolls into a bell mouth? Possibly the best of both worlds? That just might be awesome if sized correctly.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea but that test was missing the power pipe though. Whether or not a power pipe in real world conditions can provide low enough iats to be a benefit over something right behind the radiator is what interests me. (Not that I'm ever personally going that direction, but still). On an extreme build it would have to be one hell of a large pipe though. Or what about a power pipe that rolls into a bell mouth? Possibly the best of both worlds? That just might be awesome if sized correctly.
that is true, it is missing the powerpipe. Most applications making that much power though for IAT's aren't going to be a problem because they're on E85 where timing won't get pulled until higher temps. The powerpipe into bellmouth would be cool to see, but if you think of a crank drive setup they don't run a pipe off the blower.. But it's also getting air shoved in from the open bumper. So I don't see big gains there.. this is all hypothetical ofcoarse.

What I would see helping is direct air into the blower in a normal application. Shrader Tuning runs a YSI on their coyote and has a cool hood cutout to force air in

Users who are viewing this thread