Going E85 couple questions

96juicedGT

Established Member
I am gonna swap to E85. I have a couple questions regarding the switch. I have a Fore fuel system with the Team Beefcake Racing rails. Wondering if I can get a fuel drain kit that will work with this system without costing an arm and a leg. Also I have read about having a tune to load for draining the fuel. Was hoping someone could she'd a little more light onot both of these topics for me. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tx5.0

Established Member
Just attach some extra hose to one of your fittings and let it pour into a drum or bucket. Cost nothing extra to do if you have a few feet of hose left over after the install. I Haven't heard about a tune used to drain fuel since the pumps are doing all the work.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Just attach some extra hose to one of your fittings and let it pour into a drum or bucket. Cost nothing extra to do if you have a few feet of hose left over after the install. I Haven't heard about a tune used to drain fuel since the pumps are doing all the work.

The tune he's talking about just makes the pumps run constantly with the key on instead of priming then shutting off. I just jump the coil side of the fuel pump relay to drain mine.

Tx5.0

Established Member
The tune he's talking about just makes the pumps run constantly with the key on instead of priming then shutting off. I just jump the coil side of the fuel pump relay to drain mine.

Ah ok. I have mine wired to stay on constantly. Well a quick wire job and you can drain the car for free!

Mark Aubele

Established Member
I usually run mine until it is on E and fill it up. Not going to throw the mixture off all that much. Might not be a good idea on a boosted car though.

jn2

Established Member
Enable flex fuel logic and it will be fine. What AED mentioned is that some of the multipliers don't always work, that is why he send 2 tunes. The "Race" tune is just doing what the multipliers usually do on their own.

Once the ECM learns the Ethanol content of the tank it will run fine, it usually learns this in the first few seconds when starting the car after pumping gas. From there it will not do a relearn until you add more fuel.

Remember, the car runs on lambda not a/f, it will run your commanded lambda regardless of how much E you have(it will only throw off you LTFT/STFT's). On the off chance you run out of fuel, then it will go lean trying to achieve the commanded lambda. But assuming your fuel system can keep up with the demand of e85, then enabling flex fuel will be fine, even on boosted vehicles.

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I have a 90*, male, Jiffy-Tite fitting in the unused port of my regulator. I bought the female, some line, a ball valve and 6" long nipple (the nipple length will allow you to open the valve and set it in your fuel can and walk away). I have a tune that runs my pumps full time, so I just out the female fitting on the male, turn the key on and and it starts dumping the fuel.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I usually run mine until it is on E and fill it up. Not going to throw the mixture off all that much. Might not be a good idea on a boosted car though.

You're right, that's probably just fine 99% of the time. A time when you might need to drain to be sure of the exact ethanol content would be for tuning purposes. Tune on e85 then you'll be safe on most anything you get from the pump.

96juicedGT

Established Member
Awesome thanks for the info guys. Didn't know Shaun was offering that. Gonna get in touch with him about it.

Users who are viewing this thread