going E85 question

svt_tyler

OH WELL
Established Member
i have the stock pumps with a Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump and 80lb injectors. wanting to go e85, will this system hold up to it around 600hp????

mustang john

Established Member
The injectors willl handle that power level on E85 but you will more than likely need bigger pumps and maybe a feed line upgrade to ensure enough fuel supply.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
Run a -8AN feed line, get a 10 micron filter, 340 pumps and a modified FPDM. Black306 has the pumps, FPDM and fuel hat wiring upgrade, pretty reasonable. Hes a member here and heres a link to his site (Black306.com). Tell him I sent ya!

Lethal has the filter and fittings for your fuel rail and tank.

Go to a Parker Store, get the Teflon lined stainless braided hose and stainless reusable JIC fittings, they are the same 37 degree flare as AN fittings. Cake job...

ajt9229

Established Member
Run a -8AN feed line, get a 10 micron filter, 340 pumps and a modified FPDM. Black306 has the pumps, FPDM and fuel hat wiring upgrade, pretty reasonable. Hes a member here and heres a link to his site (Black306.com). Tell him I sent ya!

Lethal has the filter and fittings for your fuel rail and tank.

Go to a Parker Store, get the Teflon lined stainless braided hose and stainless reusable JIC fittings, they are the same 37 degree flare as AN fittings. Cake job...

+1 Black306 is very knowledgeable

Thanks for the recommendation Torrance

dom2000gt

Established Member
id almost just recommend getting the 1400 hp return style from lethal performance. have it myself and i love it.

if you do get it, recommend getting about 8-10 feet of extra 8an line to regulate it after the rails vice how they have it set up before the rails. reason for this is to ensure you don't risk starving a cylinder over another. some agree some don't and both are done with out issues but thats my .02

dom2000gt

Established Member
i also say the 1400 hp system because like a lot of people, enough is just never enough lol. with this you have a buffer for more power. plus when switching to E85 you will require about 30% more fuel for the same power level.

also, if you get the system, wire up both fuel pumps to a kill switch with a power on light in the switch. this way when not using the full potential of your power you're not running both pumps needlessly. plus you can also tell when running one or both if you lost a pump.

Users who are viewing this thread