Going from 2009 C6 Z06 to 2011-2012 GT500 or 2013 BOSS 302

Black Sex

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks for all the advice and info guys! Greatly appreciate it.

3-more questions for those who mod.

1. Do you upgrade your fuel pump when building for more power or is the stock one in these cars adequate?

2. At what point do you decide to upgrade to bigger injectors?

3. If mods gain you 575-600 rwhp, what effect did you see in drivability or gas mileage? Probably won't mod, but just in case.......LOL

Ninjak - that was a motivating read for sure! Sealed the deal for me.

So, my search begins.........for '11-'12 and maybe even a '13 if the deal is right...............:-D I will remain patient and wait for the right car. It's definitely out there!

I made 654/640 with mods in my sig. No fuel or exhaust upgrades. If I add LT's or a smaller pulley (2.6 now), I will upgrade my injectors. I also get 22-23 mpg with the cruise set at 75.

DOUBLE07GT

Established Member
Thanks! I'll try to get a few pics posted later tonight!

This car is a toy - not my daily driver -will be used same as my Z06 was. Nice sunny days and drives through the mountains.

It has new shoes - Michelin Pilots if I remember correctly.

Couple more questions........

Since this car is black I'm gonna have to learn how to clean it properly - what are you guys using for your BLACK cars?

Also, I think I saw a pic of a car on here with a really nice car cover that said, SHELBY on it. Would like to find out where to order one or a quality cover. I normally used a California Car Cover, but disliked the one I had for my Z06. Thanks.

Speedboosted

Established Member
When I got my 11 gt500, I drove quite a few Shelby's around that model year (09-12). I picked the 11 because it was the best deal, and felt the fastest of them all, even though I know the 11 & 12 are the same. I can't stand when people with 5.0s say the Shelby's are big and stupid and how their bolt on car can take one in a race. After taking a trip recently to the Shelby Facility in Vegas I can tell you there is nothing like owning a Shelby. I don't care how fast the 5.0 can be, it is simply not a Shelby and not as cool. If I remember correctly you're planning on keeping it stock which means the GT500 will be faster for sure, no question. If you can afford it, which it seems like you more than can, go for the Shelby and never look back!

huggytree

Established Member
id get a new 2015 GT

they are supposed to handle better than the Boss did.......also the 2015's are supposed to have a HP jump too....so id expect similar Boss HP

why get a Boss when a 2015 GT will spank you?...why pay more just for a sticker package.....the side exhaust is very cool, but not enough for me....i also think the Boss rims look horrible.....

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
id get a new 2015 GT

they are supposed to handle better than the Boss did.......also the 2015's are supposed to have a HP jump too....so id expect similar Boss HP

why get a Boss when a 2015 GT will spank you?...why pay more just for a sticker package.....the side exhaust is very cool, but not enough for me....i also think the Boss rims look horrible.....

Please stop.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Please stop.

Seriously..you are confusing me. The BOSS is amazing in it's own regard, but only really useful on the track, and a track with turns at that. It has "deletes" all over it, but the Boss sure isn't anything to belittle aside from the horrific M82 trans I think they all have, which are known to break. A Boss is instantly noticeable to me though and the forged motor is crazy.

The 2015 GT "MAY" beat it, but, it's just a GT in the end, not a Boss. I do want the Boss exhaust on my GT-500 for sure. + 15 is such a crazy change it's going to be a guinea pig car for the first couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread