Going lightning

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
sold my 07 GT500 had a lot of fun in that car and it was the fastest thing I ever drove but know it's time for a new project.I'm looking at a 01 Lightning that has alot of mods done and most of the parts I would want.I'm looking for a stock look and a 11.5 et on a DR and maybe a high 10 in race mode,tune and race rims and tires.Don't want a cage that really sucked in my car.Well if and when this happens I'll keep you guy's posted and just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm moving from car back to truck.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
There's a nice twin turbo truck in the Market section. My buddy's white 01 would be a good choice too. He's getting ready to pull the whipple off on Monday. You might want to contact him this weekend if it's something you might be interested in.

Good luck with your search.

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
took it as far as I wanted to go with the stock blower,time for a change,sick of the same car,and so on LOL.I get bored quick and I like trucks (fast trucks)I just sold a 86 GM 1/2 ton shortbox with a GM350 crate motor running 12.7's to my son in law and now I'd like to go Lightning.

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
by the way my son has a 04 Lightning w/6lb lower-tune-air filter and

by the way I ran my son's 04 lightning today at Atco it's a red 04 w/6lb lower pulley K&N air filter ,SCT tuner and DR's it went 12.45@109 with a 171 60' I thought that was pretty good for his mod's.

ibismojo

Established Member
sold my 07 GT500 had a lot of fun in that car and it was the fastest thing I ever drove but know it's time for a new project.I'm looking at a 01 Lightning that has alot of mods done and most of the parts I would want.I'm looking for a stock look and a 11.5 et on a DR and maybe a high 10 in race mode,tune and race rims and tires.Don't want a cage that really sucked in my car.Well if and when this happens I'll keep you guy's posted and just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm moving from car back to truck.

Will tracks let you run faster than 11.5 without a roll bar?

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Welcome.....Hurry up and buy one lol....you'll have alot of fun with it!

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
How old's your son because I just got an 04 lightning and put on bassani exhaust now looking for more mods.

my son is 28 and he bought his 04 with 6lb lower pulley K&N filter and sct tuner with305/45/18 MT dr's with 50k miles

oneqkgt

Established Member
Henry can drive we were at acto yesturday with his son's truck and went 12.40's at 109mph stock exhaust no convertor on drag radials. I tuned that truck when another guy owned it and it made nice power. I think the Henry mod is worth 2 tenths in any vehicle.

1bad03snake