Going skiing in Denver, need suggestions...

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Ok, well my work is going to fly me out to our corporate office for some meetings and presentations. After we are done I am going to be stay an extra day and go skiing. Our corporate headquarters is in Denver. The group I am going with is thinking of going to either Breckenridge or Vail. Those two places are about an hour and a half from our hotel.

So a couple questions, which would be a better place to go? It has been years since I have been skiing, possibly 15 years I can't remember exactly. So which would you suggest trying, skiing or snowboarding?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Once you learn how to Ski you never forget so there will not be much learning for you. On the Flipside you can pretty much plan on falling all day if you try snowboarding. It's just a metter of deciding what you want to do. Maybe ski for a day and snowboard the next day.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
snowboarding always appealed to me, thats just me though. have fun and STAY AWAY FROM THE TREES!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i was always into skiing more than snowboarding since you can hit higher speeds and carve corners, but i still have yet to go skiing unfortunately.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Breckenridge is awesome

Have you been to Vail...from my understanding, Vail is more of a tourist place and Breckenridge is more of the locals place...

Once you learn how to Ski you never forget so there will not be much learning for you. On the Flipside you can pretty much plan on falling all day if you try snowboarding. It's just a metter of deciding what you want to do. Maybe ski for a day and snowboard the next day.

Yeah but that was 15 years ago and only for a weekend at that. We will only be there for a day since our flight leaves the next day. I have always had extremely good balance so I have thought that I might get away with snowboarding but I have never tried.

I like Breckenridge

Seems to be the trend

snowboarding always appealed to me, thats just me though. have fun and STAY AWAY FROM THE TREES!

I always looked at snowboarding as well.

i was always into skiing more than snowboarding since you can hit higher speeds and carve corners, but i still have yet to go skiing unfortunately.

That is what I have been told.

Make sure you do a black slope! You only live once...and they really aren't as bad as they sound. Have fun!

I will atleast try one, maybe get off on the first lift...just to say I have been down the black slope!!:banana:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Wolf Creek. It is a lot farther but much better. Breckenridge and Vail will both drain your wallet.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Vail doesn't like snowboarders! That what I was told long ago when I lived in steamboat springs, thats where you should really go, but thats about 4hrs from denver. I'm going to visit family there over christmas!

Coiled03

Established Member
Wolf Creek. It is a lot farther but much better. Breckenridge and Vail will both drain your wallet.

Only advantages to Wolk Creek are the amount of snow, and smaller crowds. It doesn't have near the variety in terrain that Breckenridge has.

And EVERY ski resort worth a crap will drain your wallet, :lol:. It's an expensive sport, unfortunately.

Last edited:

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
Relaxed Chaos said:

Why is Wolf Creek even in the topic?? :dw: He said close to Denver. Wolf Creek is all the way across the state......so I'm positive he's not going to drive 6+ hours each way for one day of skiing. I'm sure driving that far would drain your wallet more than the extra money you pay for lift tickets at Breck.

I snowboard, and I'm about to pick up my 3rd board this winter.

Breckenridge is expensive, usually crowded and just too much mountain to cover in one day. Personally, I liked Keystone much better. It's just a stone's throw away from Breckenridge.

You could also take a look at Loveland or Winter Park, as they are a little closer to Denver than Breckenridge and Keystone.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
You could also take a look at Loveland or Winter Park, as they are a little closer to Denver than Breckenridge and Keystone.

Agreed, and Copper Mountain - another nice resort - isn't that much further.

Dans02gt

Established Member
Between the two I would pick Breck, Vail is more expensive to eat and ski at their resort. I think Vail is $98 for a day pass during ski season. Breck you can pick from a couple different mountains to ski on. I personally usually go in between the two to Copper Mountain.

Users who are viewing this thread