Going to list my 93 for sale, value input needed...

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
I'm going to list my 93 for sale this week or next. Kind of struggling with what amount I'm willing to let it go for and what is reasonable to ask. There's so much to list about it, I'm not going to here. The vehicle did have a salvage title at one point, but has been fixed nicely and retitled twice since. So it will never be desireable as a museum car, but it does make a sweet driver.
64,000 miles
Triple black
Novi 1000, 10# boost
425 rwhp
Custom Camshaft Innovations cam
Long tubes, 2 1/2" Dynomax exh w/converters
Have video and time slips at the track, 11.70's # 117
10th anniversary Cobra wheels and brakes (13", 5 lug conversion)
03 Cobra seats, front and back
Centerforce DF clutch
Volvo e-fan
factory sunroof and rear defroster

There's a lot of other stuff that make this a pretty classy and mostly stock looking car. It's dependable and drives like stock. Paint is about a 7.5-8 out of 10. Both side skirts have some rash that needs to be either repaired or replaced. I have one extra side skirt, but haven't installed it yet. Also have an extra sunroof window. I've just kind of lost interest in it, and want to build up a FFC kit car next. I don't have the heart to rape this one for the parts. What do you all think? I was thinking $12,500 neg.

I could always remove the supercharger and related items and drop the price and sell seperately.
Here's a couple pics for reference:

Album: http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/kfromme/93 cobra/

DSC01321.gif

DSC01319.gif

DSC01110.gif

DSC01101.gif

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
I wouldn't sell it for a dime less. Even with the salvage, I think it would bring 10k in stock condition. You've got some nice aftermarket parts with a blower, so I'd stick with that price for a while and see what happens.

~Ray~

Established Member
I doubt you will get that much rite now, maybe wait a few months till heats up again but a salvage title I'd be thinking somewhere between 9-11k good-luck.

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I was hoping I was in the ballpark at least. I can start with that and go from there. Was looking to see if someone asked if I was crazy or ate a bunch of paint chips when I was a kid.

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
Interesting. I was led to believe they were 03 or 04 seats. Doesn't really matter though, but how can you tell?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Grey inserts go all the way to the front on '03-04.
I've had both an '01 and '04.
'01 seats are more comfortable for long trips, '03-04 hug you more.
-J

01SVT2894

Established Member
i don't mean to be an ass... but those are NOT 03 Cobra seats. if someone sold you those and told they were, they lied to you. those are 2001 Cobra seats... 100% guarantee.

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
It's ok, I'm not offended. As I said, I don't care if they are 01 or 03 or 04 seats. I really don't know what year car they came out of.
And to reply to the above, I'm not taking anything out of the car, it stays as is.

Last edited:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
Post #8 tells you the difference in the seats, and 01svt2894 , not being an ass, but you were about 5 min too late with that info, biminilx beat you back on post#5

02_Lightning

Established Member
Your best bet with this car is to completely de-mod the car. You will get higher money for it, plus you can sell the performance parts to make more cash. Stock or modded, this car is a $10,000 car. Now, if you have taken off all of the performance parts, I bet you make your $2500 back instantly... thus, you get exactly what you wanted for the car to begin with. Trust me, we have done many mustangs like this. You would not believe how many low mileage pristine fox bodies are out there... but they are all modded and not worth as much. We return them to stock and sell all of the aftermarket parts for good money. Nice little side business!

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
Thanks for that advice, but I disagree with you. For starters, this car has a salvage title in its history, so it's a perfect candidate for being modified. Returning it to 100% stock won't make it worth any more. Plus, I live in a military area. They come off of a deployment or a float with tons of cash. I sold an old CJ7 that I had swapped a 5.0 in last year to a young Marine from NC for $10,000. And I don't want to turn any more wrenches on it. It may not be worth more than $10,000 to anyone, and that's ok, it's worth it to me. If it doesn't sell, I'll just keep it. I'm a patient person and am in no rush, the right buyer will find me someday. Lastly, whatever I might make selling the aftermarket parts will be offset by my having to buy and ship some of the stock parts. As I clearly stated, this isn't a museum car. I've had at least 50 calls on it, 10 locals come by in the last week or so, and 5 that I know would buy the car if/when they can scrape up the extra cash for my asking price.

If it comes down to it, my main plan here is to start a factory five cobra project. If it doesn't sell, the Cobra will be my donor car and I'll sell the shell to someone.

Last edited:

brianz426

Established Member
It looks like you have a pretty nice car , so I doubt you would get to the point of just selling the shell. But if you do let me know, I have the drive train from my brothers wrecked '92 LX. I was thinking about a Cobra clone. However if I could get a real Cobra shell that would be better. Best of luck to you and whatever you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread