Going to the track for first time with the Boss.

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
Hey everyone,

This Saturday if it doesn't rain, I will be at the track for the first time with the Boss. Its supposed to be 48 degrees. Can you guys, comment on your experience at the track with your Boss? You know, what rpm you launched at, what times and trap speeds you recorded, how the car felt after the abuse?

Thanks
Eddie

O' btw, its stock. Only mufflers, and resonator delete.

kbroush

Established Member
Well, be prepared for lots of wheel spin unless the track is prepped extremely good. My car only ran 12.80@112 in a DA of 1500ft. My best 60ft on the factory street tires was 1.9. I was somewhat granny shifting as well since our track does not prep good. I ran probably 8 times or so and the car ran perfect the whole time.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The car will handle the racing just fine, so expect you car to feel as it does now after the fun. For launch technique, you will just have to feel it out depending on how traction is working for you. I would start with a soft 3k rpm launch and while slipping the clutch and applying throttle. If you are running on stock tires, the cooler temps are going to make it difficult to get any decent traction, so just be prepared for that and don't get bummed if you can't get the car to hook well. Just have fun and get to know your car, that's what's it about.

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
I figured between 3-4k rpms would be the spot to launch at. I plan on lowering the psi on the tires and heating them up best as possible. Should i take off traction control or hit sport mode? the track got a make over and is overall i think a good track.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have been out a few times with the Boss, but I have a lot of experience drag racing. I also run at PBIR... My best on street tires, 100% stock after just four passes was 12.28 at 115.. a 1.83 60 ft. But I had massive wheel spin on the 1-2 shift. So much that I had to let off for a spit second!! On drag radials and still all stock I went a best of 11.87 at 116 w/ a 1.74 60ft... Both outtings the DA was in the 50 to 100 range.
A good burn out, 3k quick slip release and solid shifts at as close to 7500 as possible. I turn everything off as far as tc... If I Didnt have plans this weekend I might try to come out with you..

Last edited:

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
next time one of us decides to go just let me know or vice versa. i'll try it your way and see how it goes. did you lower tire pressure and was it a first gear or second gear burnout?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
next time one of us decides to go just let me know or vice versa. i'll try it your way and see how it goes. did you lower tire pressure and was it a first gear or second gear burnout?

On street tires I dropped the pressure to 28 and did a first gear burnout.. I did hold it on the brake for a few seconds though.. on DR I did a second gear burnout and held it 6-8 seconds.
Next time I go I will let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread