Going to UPS Monday morning at 6:30am for some training!

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Yay! It looks like I may be getting the job at UPS (Christmas help for now). The guy told me to be there Monday morning at 6:30am! yay! :D Also, landscaping is still going great :thumbsup: The owner of the landscaping business said he'll have work for me all through winter, guarenteed! :D

time2train

Established Member
I worked at UPS for awhile. I started off as a Loader. Physically, the hardest damn job I ever had. If you want to get in great shape, its the job for you. The problem I had with it, I would be so exhausted from working at UPS, I had a hard time going to the gym. Guess thats why I work behind a desk now.

The most important thing to remember, is make sure you avoid misloads. Avoiding misloads is more important than keeping up with the pressure of the pace the supervisors will put on you.

INAHURRY

Established Member
Good luck...

I have been with UPS for 13 years. It is a good company to work for. Just do your best and you shouldn't have a problem.

Just try to keep a good attitude, and it will bo O.K.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Way to go....Congrats and good luck..:thumbsup:

Oh,and demand to drive this UPS van....:rockon: :eek: ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
:lol1: Sure 28 Fangs

I don't mind hardwork, it builds character :rolling:

I've layed 62 paletts of sod in the summer before in just a few days, and also layed sod in 110 deg. weather (in the shade) so I've had my share of hard work. I still landscape, which is quite hard sometimes :D

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Good luck Jonathan :thumbsup: and remember...take car of all the big boxes that say Magnaflow, Kenne Bell, and etc on them ;-)

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Good Luck Man ! I have a couple buddies that work at UPS and they ended up moving up very quick in the company. Also part time and get full benefits and even 401 k I think isn't it that's unreal !

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Yeah, that's one of the best parts about the job. I'm hoping to work extremely hard so I can do well at the job. If all goes well, I plan on staying there through college and seminary/graduate school, which is probably 7-8 more years :thumbsup:

Edit for grammatical errors :bash:

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Congrats Needa. My father worked for UPS for 16 years. 13 of those were as a mechanic and the last 3 he was a regional automotive supervisor. I take you will be working Pre Load?

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
I wish that I would have been able to go to work out there when I turned 18, but at that time UPS still had its no family policy in effect so that shot that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread