Gold Rush fans?

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
With the amount of dirt they process. i always wondered and never really searched. With them searching for fine gold mostly. What if they came across a rock sized chunk of gold, would it just pass through into the tailings?

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Gold Rush is probably my favorite show. I hate the Hoffmans, but I think it would be cool to see them pull a lot of gold out of the ground in their own state. Not really a big fan of Tony's dredges. Kinda boring to watch. And I think Parker will do his thing and make money and I feel like he will come up with a plan to pull of 3000 ounces and not have to pay Tony's royalties.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
With the amount of dirt they process. i always wondered and never really searched. With them searching for fine gold mostly. What if they came across a rock sized chunk of gold, would it just pass through into the tailings?

It probably would. But it sounds like they always have someone watching the wash plant at all times, so they would probably see it.

smitty2919

Established Member
I enjoy it. Doesn't seem THAT scripted much like other shows. I don't have cable (I run Netflix and basic cable stations). When I come across it on TV at friends houses, I seem to just keep watching it LOL.

That's an example of high risk high reward job...

jshen

Established Member
I have to disagree, in that it appears more scripted for the drama. Tony's greed and arrogance turns me off. Parker has become an A$$hole too, and the Hoffmans are just as bad. Tod is never seen doing anything but running his mouth..but his crew is great. I like that after they close a cut they come back and cover the land to restore its appearance. The Oregon move from a sure thing in the Klondike to prospecting was a bad move. I am surprised Dave went along with it- being a 50% partner. Parker's crew is great as well. I am surprised Rick hasn't knocked Parker on his butt yet...He has it coming..

Dakota Fred left the show in the earlier years as he commented the shooting crew got in the way, didn't pay them squat and he didn't like the drama..

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I like it. Enjoy parker and tony but cant stand Todd. Just a bafoon blowing cash and making more bad decisions in a row then i can stand.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
I love it! Parker is annoying as hell. He is such a brat. Other than that and Todds dumb decisions, its a must see for me every week.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I love the show, but IMO it has gone down hill since Fred and Dustin left. Word is they are working on a show of their own...I hope so.

I miss hearing the term "Glory Hole" the last couple seasons...

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
What I love is how Todd bitches about money problems and yet he rolls up in a new cummins with $15k worth of wheels and suspension.

Blown85

Established Member
Great Show! Yes, Tonys Arrogance is kind of annoying but hes got a few million so I assume he can have all the swagger he wants. I think Parker is fun to watch, how a young kid makes it and gives the older guys all they can handle. As far as the Hoffmans, I can live without the holy gospel crap and Todd is annoying to watch and makes STUPID decisions. His guys are great though!

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
Being a younger guy myself. 27. Self employed and work with family. I see a lot of similarities between Tony and my old man. I relate to the relationship between Parker and Tony and Tony and his kids. So I really enjoy that part.
I'm amazed no one else is doing dredges. That I know of. Running one generator instead of dozers haulers wash plant water pump. He's pulling in hundreds of ounces a week just running one gen set on the dredge. It's pretty crazy no one else isn't doing the same

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I like that Parker works. Tony is a lazy ass.
I wish they would show costs as well. Great they pull 3 million in gold but did they spend 2.8 million in fees salary and other expenses getting it?

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
The first season was entertaining, but since then, it's just been a bunch of dumbasses pushing dirt around with some scripted drama sprinkled on top of their unproductive piles of mud. It reminds me of some fat babies I recently saw playing with plastic trucks in their front yard while Daddy smoked cigarettes on the front porch.

SirShaun

Established Member
This season it seems Parker humbled up a bit with the passing of his grandfather.

Out of all of them I think I like Freddy Dodge the most. Calm, cool, collective, and gets shit done. Freddy Dodge for President.

68541526.jpg

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Gold rush and Alaska the Last Frontier drive me nuts. They could be such better shows but they continuously drag the episodes out and try to turn the shows into dramas rather than reality. I think the reality of either of those shows would be much more interested then the scripted crap they put on television.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Being a younger guy myself. 27. Self employed and work with family. I see a lot of similarities between Tony and my old man. I relate to the relationship between Parker and Tony and Tony and his kids. So I really enjoy that part.
I'm amazed no one else is doing dredges. That I know of. Running one generator instead of dozers haulers wash plant water pump. He's pulling in hundreds of ounces a week just running one gen set on the dredge. It's pretty crazy no one else isn't doing the same[/QUOTE

I think a lot has to do with how hard they are to find. And the cost of moving one once you've found it.

Users who are viewing this thread