Golf clubs!? should I pick up Golf?

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
So lately my buddies have been taking me to the driving range to hit golf balls...as much as I suck, the past 2 days I felt like going to pick up some clubs and go hit some balls outside. Basically an excuse to go outside and get some exercise or crack open some coldies with some friends on a course.

I was thinking about maybe getting some starter clubs from costco or maybe just having my friend take me to some golf store and pick some up. Any suggestions? I just hope my temper doesnt get the best of me and I end up "Bo jackson'ing" some clubs.

rather not spend over $500 for starter clubs....

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Buy a used set of decent clubs or cheap shit until you see if you like it and/or stick with it.

Best clubs in the world and you will still suck for a while. Don't invest big $$ until you see how it goes.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Buy a used set of decent clubs or cheap shit until you see if you like it and/or stick with it.

Best clubs in the world and you will still suck for a while. Don't invest big $$ until you see how it goes.

Kinda the advice I have gotten from my buddies...get a cheap starter set and see where it goes from there. Unfortunately I have no idea what to look for in a set of clubs.

Mika

Established Member
I'd start out with either a cheap set or a used set from ebay(like Stampeded mentioned). That way if you don't like it, you won't be out of pocket too much. It's a fun game. I was out at Willow Springs in Haslet this morning. It's fun exercise(if you can call it that), and you get to BS with your buddies too.

Mika

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Don't get a starter set. Instead get something premium but a few years old from Ebay. If you're of normal height you can get standard length/lie (the default) and be fine until you either learn what you like or quit in favor or drinking which is what golf will make you want to do in any case.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Find a used set off of craigslist.

No need to invest good money until your game is good enough to where your clubs become a weak point in your game. Then its justified to buy a good set.

Im looking for a set now too, the place we went to frowned on me using my buddies clubs but since it was my first time he let it go. Supposed to be one set of clubs per person.

grendel

Established Member
i pieced together my set off of ebay for around 250 dollars. cobra irons, taylormade woods and a cobra driver

tistan

Established Member
Kinda the advice I have gotten from my buddies...get a cheap starter set and see where it goes from there. Unfortunately I have no idea what to look for in a set of clubs.

Play it again sports usually have a good selection. Most golf shops sell used clubs too.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
buy a pair of comfortable water resistant golf shoes, and set up some golf lessons..
used sticks are a great value....stay off driving ranges...start with lessons...and work
your way around the game...it's a game you can play for life!

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Hit up the pawn shop. Thats where I bought my first set in 00, when I took it up, in the 8th grade. It would be alot cheaper to start out like that, and make sure you like it. I still golf. Its relaxing for me.

Users who are viewing this thread