Golf + Wakeboarding + Beer = WIN!!!

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Me and a few of my buddies (Red Devil included) actually got a RARE man weekend pass from the wives and took GOOD advantage of it. Paying for it now unfortunately.....I am gettin OLD!!

Started with a round of golf @ Cannon Ridge on the way to the lake.........

It was Matt's (Red Devil) first time playing and he did DAMN well for himself actually. He we are posing next to a completely buried approach shot of his.

Here we have Mr. Devil again on the knee board gettin ready to tear it up!!

My buddy's 20 year old kid, Kyle. Bones knit SOOO much faster at that age.

My Brother-in law decided it would be cool to board with his sunglasses on. Approximately 5 seconds after this picture was taken, the glasses beat a hasty retreat from his noggin and were not seen again.

Annnnnd last and probably least, heres a pic of yours truly shortly before ripping every muscle in my body. Had to represent for the 35+ crew!!!! :rockon:

convert03cobra

Established Member
My buddy's wife's brother (I think I said that right) is a professional wake boarder (Andrew Atkinson). I saw him once in a tournament and the crap they all do is insane. I'll stick to my waverunner. I would rather kill myself on that....lol

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Man, that looks fun. I'm getting too old for this stuff anymore. I had to retire the kneeboarding two years ago. Popped my shoulder and it's never been the same since.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I didn't get the memo. Send me a PM next time.

Will do.

I'm ready!!!!!!!!

Ready to get schooled again!!

lol. i cant get up on a wake board for i suck at it. lol. and im 20. id rather be eaten by a shark crossing from miami to the bahamas (ithink its the bahamas) on the waverunner.

It's definitely tough, but once you get the hang of it, it is probably the most fun you can have.....vertically that is. Don't be a pansy!! Waverunners are for women!! :rolling:

DAMN, Scott! I'd need an elevator to get that high up in the air!!

Haha! Trust me Tie-Dye, I wish I had used an elevator to get DOWN!!! :dw:

Last edited:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I had a hard get off wakeboarding this year on our first trip out with the new boat.

It took me until the 3rd try to get up. I was going along for a while. No tricks, when all of a sudden, Denice was going 250 mph and I could not take it anymore. I went down head first. Completely submerged my whole body, came out of the water, did two, quite nice, summersaults, then back into the water to float in pain, not feeling anything below the neck. This is my story, so I can tell it how I want !!!! lol..

Denice said she was doing only 20 mph. Could have fooled me !!! I tube now !!

Looks like you all had a great time Scott. I think I'd like, and could, wake-SURF. It'a a low speed, low impact possibility sport for us older guys. Search Youtube for wakesurfing. Not recommended for an inboard/outboard engine or outboard engine. The surfer is only 8-10 feet from the prop at all times. I believe your boat is all inboard, so you'd be golden. I have a I/O

J.R.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I had a hard get off wakeboarding this year on our first trip out with the new boat.

It took me until the 3rd try to get up. I was going along for a while. No tricks, when all of a sudden, Denice was going 250 mph and I could not take it anymore. I went down head first. Completely submerged my whole body, came out of the water, did two, quite nice, summersaults, then back into the water to float in pain, not feeling anything below the neck. This is my story, so I can tell it how I want !!!! lol..

Denice said she was doing only 20 mph. Could have fooled me !!! I tube now !!

Looks like you all had a great time Scott. I think I'd like, and could, wake-SURF. It'a a low speed, low impact possibility sport for us older guys. Search Youtube for wakesurfing. Not recommended for an inboard/outboard engine or outboard engine. The surfer is only 8-10 feet from the prop at all times. I believe your boat is all inboard, so you'd be golden. I have a I/O

J.R.

:lol: Yeah, I wakesurf as well. Bought an Inland Surfer Yellow Loogey a few months ago and its a nice board. Wakesurfing is cool, and definitely less painful, but also not quite as fun. Need a TON of weight in the boat, and my ballast pumps were acting funny this w/e. I'll post some wakesurf pics later.

BTW. Gotta have cruise control to let the wifey drive ya on ANY board!! :poke:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I don't know JR, to get a man your size completely submerged takes some effort, perhaps she was doing a qualifying run :banana::banana:

I wanna go, Diane will join us and sit in the bouncy front of the boat :dancenana::dancenana:

Ken

:beer::beer:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Pics of said bouncy front with Diane

:pop:

Heres a wakesurf pic. You can see how washed out my wake is in this pic. I have never seen it so small and washy. Tis usually about chest high and clean as a whistle. I blame my brother in law's driving......

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I don't know JR, to get a man your size completely submerged takes some effort, perhaps she was doing a qualifying run :banana::banana:

I wanna go, Diane will join us and sit in the bouncy front of the boat :dancenana::dancenana:

Ken

:beer::beer:

I kind of thought so to Ken !! I have lost nearly 20 pounds this summer. Trying to get another 30 off. I feel much better. But my story is, still, she was going 250 !!

Come on up. We are leaving this Thursday night. The county fair is going on up there. Always fun. Then boating and trail riding. I just picked up a trail, game-cam. Want to get that mounted. We bought a new toy last week to try out up there. I'm sure I'll have to post a pic so Zax keeps his mind out of the gutter..lol...

Of course, the color of choice. It's actuall to spite richie...haha..

picsfornanaandranger018.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread