Gonna run her! Will it hold?

GHRVENOM

Established Member
I got a transmission which was just rebuilt with a reinforced 3-4 shift fork from hanlon, as well as new carbon fiber synchros. I have a stage 3 spec clutch and quick release quadrant, quick shifter as well as carbon fiber drive shaft. I'm gonna be launching and gonna run it only about 3 times. My differential is fully built but I'm concerned about my input shaft on the tranny. You guys think it will hold the 6k launch I'm gonna be doing? My mods are in my sig. Thanks.

GHRVENOM

Established Member
Full weight stang here minus whatever the solid swap and carbon fiber drive shaft and passanger seat help. Also plus the blower. I haven't dynoed her but have smoked low 11 sec. LS1 cars on the street with ease. I'm wideband tuned so don't know my numbers but I would guess a bit over 500 at 12 lbs of boost and the blower cams as well as other mods.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
it will hold, just dont hop.

buddy of mines kb '03 went 10.70's all day with a stock clutch, infact stock everything other than fuel/blower/intake/exhaust, he did it from 20k til recently when he fried a piston with over 75k on the car.

some people worry too much(me hence my built drivetrain and 320hp, ha)

busakiller

Established Member
a 6k launch with no slicks is just gonna blitz the tires. wheelspin saves parts. traction and wheel hop do not. that being said, if you were to launch with slicks, my bet is the yoke or axles will be the first to go, but in time.

tranny will hold as long as you make your shifts. miss one, and the trans COULD get hurt.

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

so you guys are suggesting that his stock 10 spline input shafted t45 is going to live up to 6k rpm clutch dumps with his supercharged engine? Incredible.

GHRVENOM

Established Member
31 spline axles here fully built rear and running on 28 inch slicks with 4:30 gears. I'm just worried aout the tranny's input shaft. Will it hold 3 passes on 6k launches poping the clutch. I got some suspension work as well. Gonna record it, I have a built auto waiting in case it breaks. Oh well I'll post it tomorrow wish me luck.

busakiller

Established Member
usually, id say yeah it'll hold. but then again, its a T45...

3 passes might be ok. who knows?! it could go 10 if it wasnt built on friday after a liquid lunch...

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
hey i'm at south texas!! i've read that weight is what kills trannys and rears, not hp or torque, so good luck fellow texan :D

NXSVTCOBRA

Will you get shot if you buy a .38 revolver put one bullet in it, spin it around put the barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger? I'd say there's a chance you would so why risk it?

shhak

Established Member
don't just side step the clutch, slip it a little and you'll be fine. If you just dump the clutch at 6k, you may be in for a long walk home....

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
Thanks for the input. How was Dolly to you guys in Brownsville?

well i live in Matamoros, i heard that there was no electric service on bville and some light damages, around here nothing fancy, just some trees fall down (little ones) and garbage flying lol.

are you at STMC?

Users who are viewing this thread