good aggressive street/strip setup for these cars?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I've searched, and mostly what I came up with was alot of corner carving suspension advise... so I hope I'm not beating a dead horse. :beer:

I'm getting into an automatic car, and I am a drag racer. It's going to be a weekend toy, but yet one that the wife and I can drive from WV to Myrtle Beach comfortably. I am looking to get as good 60's as possible, without necessarily making the car handle no worse than stock. I am not looking to improve cornering at all, if I can retain stock-ish handling I am happy.

What kind of adjustable shock/spring/sway bar/LCA setup have you guys used with these cars, particularly automatics if that data is available. I've had great results from my old Fox with Maximum Motorsports LCA's and they seem to still be favored for these cars. I will also be running a MM K-member & front control arms, so coilover setups are welcome too. I'd also like to know what kind of front & rear settings you prefer on your adjustable shocks. I'm most likely looking to retain stock UCA's with reinforced torque boxes.

thanks!

Last edited:

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Well most of the fast 4 valve guys around here are running 4.56 gearing with a stick, so I'm thinking maybe 4.88 with a slushbox. As far as the rear suspension I'm kind of a UPR guy (and they're local) but it will ruin it as a daily driver. Probably the best advice I can give you is go with a torque arm, that way the car will both hook and will still have a decent ride. I've never met a person who did not like their torque (truck) arm setup for all around use.

Users who are viewing this thread