Good books for tuning, and building/repairing mod engines?

pridemore54

Established Member
Need some reading material for work (can't have electronics in my lab) and would like to start learning in depth about tuning and engine building, primarily for the 4.6L 4v.

Any highly recommended stuff out there? I found this on Amazon but always want to hear community consensus on this stuff before taking it as gospel.

Here's a couple I saw on Amazon.
Workbench manual by George Reid and Max Performance

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I need to make sure I'm reading this right; you're looking for stuff to read at work, other than work stuff, because you can't have electronics at work?

pridemore54

Established Member
I need to make sure I'm reading this right; you're looking for stuff to read at work, other than work stuff, because you can't have electronics at work?
Need reading material to help kill time between work evolutions. It's a unique job.

I mention no electronics to avoid people sending links or articles on the internet.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Is sean hylands book still considered a good read? I’ve considered reading that while trying to decide what to do motor wise.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Which one, the Workbench one by George Reid?

yes but i've had it for a long time so it's not the revised edition like the one in your link. it was published pre-2011 so there's no mention of coyote.

it's not especially 4v heavy, the teardown and build example they use in the book is a mustang 2v 4.6. still has some good info though.

pridemore54

Established Member
yes but i've had it for a long time so it's not the revised edition like the one in your link. it was published pre-2011 so there's no mention of coyote.

it's not especially 4v heavy, the teardown and build example they use in the book is a mustang 2v 4.6. still has some good info though.
Thank you for the feedback

Users who are viewing this thread