Good buy? 99 cobra w/ 57k miles for around 10k

swt99svt

Established Member
Offer $9.5 and go from there. Engine pay is a mess but looks stock. Be sure to check carfax but I'd be all over it. It's the brother to mine. Plus, it has all the documentation still which is pretty cool.

MT0911

Established Member
I would offer 9k and go from there. I'd be prepared to settle around 10k out the door everything included.

Other than that, I think it looks pretty clean. I would definitely go check it out man.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
+1 on what everyone else said. Always try to get it for less, whats the worst they could say.

tistan

Established Member
What does everyone think a 99 with 44k miles and a vortech s trim is worth? I've been thinking about selling mine, but I figured I would only get $10-11k.

snakeraper11b

Established Member

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I paid $9,000 for my '99 Cobra w/83k miles about 3 years ago, but that was through a private sale and the guy was a motivated seller. The car you're looking at appears to be bone stock and exterior/interior looks to be in good shape. I'd look over the CarFax, take it for a test drive, and offer them somewhere around $9,500 and be prepared to maybe get $500 or so under their asking price. Having all of the documentation is a plus, it lets you know in a roundabout way that the previous owner took ownership of it seriously.

Rusak23

Established Member
i bought mine from a dealership for 9,500 with 68k on the clock check to see if the recall was done to it the only other thing i would say is check how well the top seals after you put it down then back up mine had issues with sealing

99blkzx2

Established Member
thanks for the tips, guys! would the carfax show that it had been taken for the recall "fix"? i suppose, i could also look for green/blue dots on the intake mani to confirm as well.

99blkzx2

Established Member
just a quick update. the car was gone the day after i've emailed them about it. Tulsa is about 90miles away from OKC, so an immediate drive there wasn't possible. I'm sure somebody got a good deal though :)

shurur

Established Member
just a quick update. the car was gone the day after i've emailed them about it. Tulsa is about 90miles away from OKC, so an immediate drive there wasn't possible. I'm sure somebody got a good deal though :)
You'll find another....Back in spring 2006, after looking for about three years, I finally found a green '99 w/ charcoal for $13k and I went to work to think it over. when I got home it was gone.
Later in August, after giving up looking, I looked on Autotrader one early morning and found another just posted. Same price $13k. I called/emailed...then wife said just get it.
I bought her sight unseen. And beat out two others from OR and AZ. One had Called and offered to buy sight unseen 15 minutes after I had.
I flew down to AL to get it and had just paid for it when a local guy pulled in all excited and started opening the doors, etc. He had been spending some time convincing his wife to let him buy it.
Anyway when I drove it back into NH and had time to look at the vin. It turned out to be the same car I had found in the Spring. Someone bought her, drove her for the summer, then traded her to a local ford dealer, who then sold her to my AL dealer, who then posted her up on Autotrader again.
Maybe you’ll see her again.

BlackedSVT

Established Member
Quite a story shurur...nice read. glad it worked out for you.

OP, keep looking and you'll find a nice one!

pbeechner

Established Member
Yeahh these cars go fast! I was on a budget when I bought mine and even though it had 175,000 miles on it when i got it, I beat out 4 other people. Took the amtrak there and drove it home that day :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread