Good deal on '92 notch auto?

werstlna

Established Member
Got a question for all you Fox body fans. Tonight I'm going to look at a '92 notch 5.0 with an auto and only 47k. Tell me if you think it's a good price at $4,700.

According to the ad and talking with the owner, it was owned by an older guy until a year ago. No paint/wrecks, etc and the only mod is Flows. He says everything's in good shape but it will need the tint replaced and the power steering whines a little when turning. I'm not a big fan of the auto trans but at this price is it worth it?

Also, how much would it cost to put a 5 speed into it? Would this kill the resale/collectability?

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Sounds like a damn good price to me. I am assuming ofcourse that this is a factory 5.0 car. I dont ever see coupe cars in my area for less than 6 grand. No matter what shape there in......really clean ones with less than 100k miles are usually closer to 10g's, and some nice modded ones that are in REALLY good shape go for over 10 sometimes. I personally wouldnt pay anywhere near 10 for a notch, but the one you found sounds like a steal and I would snag it if I were you.

werstlna

Established Member
Ding Ding Ding.....we have a winner!

Everything checked out, it's a real nice original unmolested Arizona notch! :banana: And now it's sitting in my garage.

The guy was nuts for selling it so cheap, in my opinion. He said he had a ton of calls on it today and some younger guy came in drooling all over it but he didn't want to sell it to this guy because he was going to chop it all up and mod it to hell.

The only drawbacks are that the tach doesn't work, the power steering whines a little when turning the wheel, and it needs new plugs and an oil change.

This is crazy, the seller bought this car for his wife about 6 months ago as a daily driver. They put 5k on the car driving around every day and just came back from a road trip to California. She changed her mind and now wants a 4 cylinder daily driver. Gotta love women.

92Mustang1.gif

92Mustang2.gif

92Mustang3.gif

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Awesome man, you stole that thing! The tach and power steering issure shouldnt be too complicated or expensive, and the oil change/tune up should be expected when buying a car that old. I have been lucky enough to stumble upon a few deals like that myself. Enjoy the car.

chops44

Established Member
Son of a beeeatch!!!! You are extremely lucky to have found that and get the kinda deal you did...Also, what publication was the car advertised in...Congrats and what color interior does it have?

Last edited:

werstlna

Established Member
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's got a gray cloth interior. This car was not a garage queen, and I don't think the guy ever touched the engine bay, it has years of AZ dust sitting in there. The cool thing is that all the under hood tags and even a sharpie marker date from the factory in January '92 is written on there (under the dust of course).

Users who are viewing this thread