Good L tuners in NoVA/DC/MD?

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Hello guys,

I just picked up an 01 L and I'm looking to get it on the dyno, see what it makes and what the current tune looks it. Right now I know it's running a bit rich, so I'm not in any immediate need, but after I get this new set of TR6's in I'd like to get it tuned.

So anyone know someone who has experience tuning L's in our area. I heard some chatter about Springfield motorsports or something to that affect? Help me out here guys!

Thanks,

Derek

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Check out the stickies, there is a Dyno Day at JLP up in PA. He is probably the most well known lightning tuner in the country. I'd say give him a call and talk to him about maybe staying after the festivities and tuning up the L. Maybe you could just get the last dyno spot and he could datalog it and check the A/F with an actual gauge instead of the sniffer.

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
Excessive motorsport did WONDERS! on my lightning. 703-331-1422 talk to torey, i think they are running some killer specials as well!!!!!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Excessive motorsport did WONDERS! on my lightning. 703-331-1422 talk to torey, i think they are running some killer specials as well!!!!!

Did you have a lightning? Sounds like a canned response to any tuner question?

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
yeah he had a Lightning before the Cobra. DSG if I recall. Excessive has quite a few fast Lightnings they have tuned, Chris and Torey are great to deal with too.

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
yeah he had a Lightning before the Cobra. DSG if I recall. Excessive has quite a few fast Lightnings they have tuned, Chris and Torey are great to deal with too.

Thanks man. It was Grey. I miss that truck, If i had to choose my lightning or my cobra, I think i'd pick the lightning...

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The following have served the MACA well over the past 6 years.....

MACA Proven Performance Tuners
Johnny Lightning Performance (SE PA) - 717-786-4670 (Diablo/SCT) MACA Member!!!
Horsepower By Hermann (Maryland Suburbs) - 301-931-3673 (SCT) MACA Member!!!
Jon Lund Racing (SE PA) 610-500-9545 (Diablo/SCT)
Excessive Motorsports (Northern Virginia) 703-331-1422 (SCT)
SGS Performance (Cental Pa) 717-502-8880 (SCT)

JohninMD

Established Member
Might want to try my boy JJ at Woodbine Motorsports. He does more lightnings then anyone else in the area. Just google the company and check it out.

Later...
Bruce

+1 for JJ, plus he makes it out to some of the get togethers, and hosts a good cookout at his place in the summertime. He is only a short drive away and more than worth the time to go see!

Tims97SVT

Established Member
JJ at Woodbine Motorsports (410)-259-8737. He does great work on Lightnings. Did a wondeful job on my L when I had it and I went back to him with my cobra. When I do some more modding I will return for any tuning needs. If its mechanical and I feel that I can not handle it then I will take it to him as well. JJ is a great guy and is very good at what he does.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Will I finally see something other than your slow Focus in the parking lot!?

Yea. Although with the parking situation there I may only drive it on weekends and nights (i.e. when I can park in the garage!)

Congrats on buying GD-Spectrum Astro, should make future relations between our companies.... more interesting to say the least.

Slow Focus here :nonono:

Ken

:beer::beer:

On a side note, you have my dream stable. I wanted a SB L, but this one fell into my lap at a reasonable price. My focus is Vista Blue and I love it.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Yea. Although with the parking situation there I may only drive it on weekends and nights (i.e. when I can park in the garage!)

Congrats on buying GD-Spectrum Astro, should make future relations between our companies.... more interesting to say the least.

There are a few spots around the building that are very wide. If you get there early enough (before 8am ...which I believe you are?) you can easily snag them up. I am always in the middle lot between the dome and our building.

And yes ...should be interesting. Although, all integration work in the near future will be in AZ, not here.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
What color did you get, Derek? My fantasy has always been a red Lightning.

Edit: Hi Bruce! Long time no see.

Last edited:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
There are a few spots around the building that are very wide. If you get there early enough (before 8am ...which I believe you are?) you can easily snag them up. I am always in the middle lot between the dome and our building.

And yes ...should be interesting. Although, all integration work in the near future will be in AZ, not here.

Yea I roll in at ~0630, just gotta find a nice wide spot. I believe I'll bring it in tomorrow, the weather looks nice.

What color did you get, Derek? My fantasy has always been a red Lightning.

Edit: Hi Bruce! Long time no see.

It's Vermillion red. Normally I'm not a 'red' guy, but on the L's it looks good IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread