Good or Bad idea? (OPINIONS WANTED PLEASE)

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
This guy wants to trade me straight up for my 99 Cobra (with the mods in sig) 55,xxx Miles, my car is 9.5/10 all around IMO.. and I was just looknig to get some opinions from some guys who will know Fox bodys better then me, really lookin to see what you guys think the car is worth and if you would trade my 99 Cobra for the Fox. He is about an hour away from me and plan on checking out the car this weekend if everything goes well.. I just dont know what his car would be worth and need help. Thanks.

Here is his description of the car....

"As far as the goes Keep in mind teh car is 20 plus years old and its in its orginal body form for the most part its all orginal paint and everything could use minor work if you wanted it to look like it rolled off of the showroom floor. Im not trying to represent this car as a show car what so ever, but when i have brought it to car shows or local crusie nights the car gets alot of looks. It has taken second place at a show once but on to the goodies. The car is a 1991 mustang notch lx orginally a 5.0 5speed car but has been converted to a completly different monster. Starting with the motor Its a freshly redone 351w bored and stroked out to a 408ci as you can tell the car has been drag raced at the local dragstrip that i would attend. the best time the car has seen on pure motor has been a 10.19 in 1/4mile and that was not with all the car had to offer the car has alot more in itbut if you know anything about us41 its not always been a well preped racing surface and i ended up losing traction. the motor was built to be a spray motor i had a 200shot of nitrous on the car when i assembled everything never got the chance to spray the car due to track conditons but ive been told the car is very cabable of seeing high 9s on motor if everything was perfect conditions and 8s on a nitrous shot. as far as the trans goes the trans has been completly redone and has less miles on it then the motor does. trans is a fully built race c-4 with a 3800 converter and a trans brake and reverse manual valve body the trans was also setup for nitrous so the converter is tight and has the anti balloning plates in it that should be int there for a spray car. the car also features a fully bulletproof 8.8 rear end 33spline moser axels with c clip eliminators.the car does a have a full interior as well as a full cage taht has been certified up to the 8s in the 1/4 mile. interior is all black interior is in pretty much mint condition the only thing that is wrong with it is the car has manual windows but doesnt have the correct door panels they are the power door panels so they do not have the cranks in them. thats teh only thing that would need to be done to make the interior perfect."

His car...

mustang2.gif

mustang3.gif

MyCar

DSC00996.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
I say but it and take me for a ride! lol

It personal preference at this point. If this is a DD, I would say you'd better be younger than I, or a more adventurous soul. If it is a weekend car then be ready to have a blast in that thing.

But your car is damn nice too. It's a coin flip and based completely on what you want to have.

Either choice is a winner. What a great dilemma to have: Either a great car or a great car!

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
I'm 26 and I have another car I DD. It's the nice weather car. I'm just wondering is his car worth more then $11,000?? Does it seem fishy for him to trade that car straight up for mine? He says he has 1000 miles on the motor and 500 on the trans (auto).

Users who are viewing this thread