Good price on a 98?

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
My brother is looking at a 98 Cobra, just over 40K on the clock they are asking 11K. Sound like a good price?

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Sounds almost TOO good! :D ;-) I would have it checked over very well...leak down check, compression check, etc... If good go for it! :D OH YA check to see if it has been in any major accidents! :D

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
thast a DAMN good price i got my 97 for 12500...but it had been sitting in the dealer for like 6 months..sopposedly alot of people tried to buy it but no one had enough credit...i had it cheacked up and down ..and came up clean ....have a good check, carfax but dont relay entirely on it have it checked in a body shop cuhz people could be really tricky!!and carfax arent always accurate ...

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
That's way under blue book and what most go for. I bought mine with 47K on it, clean as a whistle for 17K last summer. I know I got hosed a little, but at the time they were going for 14-18K for a clean one with that little miles.
Go over it with a fine-toothed comb, and definately check for accident or flood damage...

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Ran the VIN...it's a fake...comes back as a GT. I knew it was a soon as I saw it. Went up to look at it after I posted this, and I saw it had black face gauges, cloth interior etc.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Good for you! It pays to have someone else with you when you buy any car, especially these. One less person dupped by a hustler looking for quick cash.

That guy selling it should be beaten with a rubber hose...:kaboom:

Last edited:

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by monkeyspunk79

That guy selling it should be beaten with a rubber hose...:kaboom:

It's a dealership!!

near Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread