Good Price?

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I am currently looking at a 2003 Sonic Blue lightning with 11k miles on the clock. I have ran a carfax report and it comes back clean, but the vehicle has had two owners in about a year and a half. The first time I inquired about the truck the guy at the dealership said it was a 2004, but I ran the VIN through carfax and it showed up as a 2003. Their asking price is 28k and they will basically give me what I owe on my current truck for a trade in. What I want to know is if 28k is a decent price or if I could do better, especially since they misinformed me as to what year the truck was. Any input is appreciated.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
price depends on location too... my 03 had 17000 miles and i got it for 25900 this july in va beach area. you can always do better, but thats if you have to paitence to wait around for the next deal... hopefully if you wait and see if anything else is out there you find the color you want.

camcojb

Established Member
You can buy a brand new truck for less than that price, especially back east where there's snow now. I think that's high for a used truck.

Jody

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Yeah, I was thinking the price was a little high myself, i figure that I could probably do better due to the fact that Winter is coming. The truck is the color that I want, but it's not like I need to have it now, so if the price isn't right I could always walk away.

IMXCITD

Established Member
You can buy a new one for 26-28k...so I would say 24k? They are way off. Offer 23k and work on them....then walk. ;-)

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I am gonna look at a few others to see if I can do better on the price, see if I can have a few different dealers compete against each other

Users who are viewing this thread