Good Replacement Clutch

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
Got an 89 LX 5.0 and I'm thinking the stock clutch is on its last legs. Looking for a good replacement. I don't want one where I have to use 2 feet to push it in, but I want it to grab well. Has exhaust and gears now and I prolly won't mod much more. I do drag race the car and drag radials are in the near future. What do you guys use and how do you like it?:shrug:

cam302

89 vert
Established Member
i have the same car but a gt i was told to go with aa king cobra they can fold around 350ft/lb of tq but are good on the leg.

FordMustang98

.....powered by Ford.
Established Member
An FRPP King Cobra is a good choice. I currently have a Centerforce Dual Friction in my car. Pedal effort is light, and it clamps hard. I autocross my car and even after heating up a little bit, it still never gives up. Either one of those is a good choice.

tooquick

Established Member
I've used King Cobra,Zoom,Ford racing,and Spec stage 3.For the money the King Cobra was the best imo.The pedal was stiff but I preferred it that way.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Look into the new fidanza clutches..i like their quality better than Spec. Also look into the Ram heavy duty replacement kits..they seem to do very well and have good pedal effort...not to much..not to little.

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
thats it but I noticed that you are in louisiana. If you are local to Baton Rouge, stop by Thunder Racing. They sell the Spec clutches for the same price as online. I walked away with my spec stage 1 with all fluids for $280 out the door

Thanks for the tip. I'm in BR every 2 weeks for work so I may do just that.........even though they specialize in GM's.:D

Users who are viewing this thread