good replacements 10.5x17 inch rim 03 cobra

trendkilllx

Established Member
just wondering what might be a good replacement for the Nitto 555Drs, would like to switch to tires of the approximate size (315/35/17s on 10.5 inch rim) that does ok in the rain and lasts longer, perhaps with a 200 tread rating (back axle only). Also just wondering if you know if the tire plug kits hold up ok? On one of my drag radials I got a nail in the center and with no tire stores open for a few days I just plugged it myself a few weeks ago. Seems to hold air fine but wondering if I should take it in to get a patch inside the tire?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Nitto NT05s are a good street tire that would give you good wet traction and hook better than the regular NT555s (not better than the 555Rs though). Also, I'd definitely take the tire in to get patched!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post trendkilllx.

The 315/35-17 Nitto NT05 Max Performance would be an excellent option to look into. This model does pretty well in wet conditions and has fantastic dry grip. The NT05 also does well off the line for a max performance summer tire. Check out this thread if you haven't already.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...6-nitto-nt05-max-performance-summer-tire.html

As far as the damaged tire goes, I recommend taking it in for inspection as it will likely need a patch on the inside. Also keep in mind that repaired Drag Radials are not recommended competition use.

Users who are viewing this thread