Good Run against a Saleen and a BMW X5

krman68

Established Member
Kind of long (sorry)

I was coming home from a business trip in Boston on Friday with my 03. I was loving the power and enjoying the open roads.

I had about 200 miles under my belt when I came across a late model SALEEN. I looked over to give props to another Mustang cruiser and he wouldn't even look over or acknowledge me. We got into some open space and he took off. My 03 caught up in no time and I blew by him. He didn't want to play after that.

A few minutes later, a guy in an BMW X5 must have spotted us and he comes up my ass (now I'm traveling at about 65). He' no more that about 2 feet off my rear. I think he thought he has a fast SUV. I let him have it. Got on the gas and took off. I didn't even down shift. He couldn't keep up and I shut it down at about 110. He kept trying to get near me and I kept his a$$ to the fire. I'm really growing to hate smug BMW drivers.

OCMike

Established Member
San Fransisko, Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Ain't it fun!!!

I really like the look (and sound) of the late model Saleens, but for the life of me I cannot understand what the attraction is from a performance stance. (No flames intended). I think a chosen performance platform is an individual preference and I do respect these choices. From the Saleens I have run, seen, and read about I often wonder why one just doesn't get the Cobra??
Awesome turnkey performance and a lot less dough.

Again...no flames intended...

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> ...I'm really growing to hate smug BMW drivers.

Yeah...I hate my sister =>)
Good kills, krman68. Kill 'em all.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Personally I love the look of the '99 up saleens,l so much in fact that I'm gonna do the body kit on my '99( I've seen a few snakes with saleen body kits and they are beatiful. The s-281E aint that bad of a car-MM&FF put one in the 11's on dr's. and omg I'd take a '99 s351 in a heart beat. You can also get a saleen cobra too. thats a rare snake indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread