good suspension shops in socal...

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
what shops would you guys recommend when dealing with installation of suspension products? I got some h&r's springs, bilstein s&s, and c/c plates. oh and some subframe connectors... please any recommendations, experiences, and opinions on shops anywhere in socal (la area).

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
Try and see if you can do the spring & shocks/struts with some local buddies and just save the subframe & CC plates for the pros (or even do the CC plates yourself). It'll save you a ton. I got quoted 5-7 hours of work for just a spring change which is insane. It takes me about half n' hour per side and I don't even have a frigin' lift!

32V SVT

Established Member
You gotta go to Chicane Sport Tuning in Torrance CA.
Joe the owner is great to deal with, works hard and offers sound
advice on all kinds of Mods... He worked at Saleen for 10 yrs and
has a TON of experience. The guy is always busy because his work
is great and his prices are fair...

http://www.chicanesport.com/

Rev Happy

Established Member
B&D Racing in Canoga Park... Brian knows suspensions more than anyone else out here... He set up the bumpsteer on my Cobra (full MM front end) and did an awesome job...

TEABG

Banned
Rev Happy said:
B&D Racing in Canoga Park... Brian knows suspensions more than anyone else out here... He set up the bumpsteer on my Cobra (full MM front end) and did an awesome job...

:lol:

Rev Happy

Established Member
Teabag

TEABG said:

LOL... You think setting up bumpsteer correctly is easy? There are not many shops out here that will do it... If you are questioning Brian's skills, then you obviously have no idea who he is and what he's done since the early 90s... I don't think there is anyone out here in southern california that has more GR40 install experience than Brian...

Last edited:

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I am not sure where you are in Socal BUT the 2 shops I would recommend is

#1-Chicane
http://www.chicanesport.com/
Joe's a great guy and is a personal friend of mine.

OR

#2-Wild Pony Motorsports
-WildPonyMotorsports.com
Vicky the owner is a real nice person and open tracks her car often.

Either one of the choices I have given you are great shops to deal with.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
B&D knows suspension...they like Griggs over MM, which I disagree with, but they know how to set them up and whatnot.

I would say there are a lot of shops that can install the parts correctly, but only a few speciality alignment guys can set the car up properly...B&D is one of them, I also hear about Darren Nishimura at Westend alignment in Torrance is supposed to be the all around coil over suspension king, mostly for imports, but cars are cars.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Talk to Brian @ B&D racing in Canoga Park. :thumbsup:

They like a mix of Griggs and MM and have some pretty bad ass Stangs around as far as suspension goes.

TEABG

Banned
Chicane is located in Torrance, B&D racing in Canoga Park is freaking farrrrrrrrr. Tommy do not likeeeee Canoga Park. "The drive there is complete ass, I should know I had my Whipple installed there"........

Users who are viewing this thread