Good take on racing a demon.

4VFTW

Established Member
It’s a factory option that comes with the vehicle and backed by full warranty, numb-nuts.

It’s not aftermarket shit, nor modifications.

If Ford had came up with the idea, you’d be ranting and raving about how revolutionary this was. Probably swinging from tree branches like a rabid chimp, dragging your knuckles all over the place.

Instead, you and the squad keep squawking and crying about how it is “not cool / not fair”....

WHAA WHAAA....
You could not be more incorrect. It is not a factory option. You cannot order the crate when you order the car...you must wait until after taking delivery to order the crate from SRT concierge and Dodge themselves call the crate "an aftermarket kit".

Demon with crate installed is a modified car just like any other.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Ladies, what I myself and many others want to know is what a 100% stock demon "street" trim etc runs vs redeye, GT500, ZR1 on and on. The crate is a whole bunch of aftermarket parts hidden behind the $1 charge. Also to accurately compare, all must run 93 octane, the tires they came with off the showroom. While browsing many race videos, I do see the ZR1 beating the demon stock for stock. The redeye as well is not that far off, and many have noted the performance vs the price is minuscule.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Sounds like jealousy.
Jealous of what? One high horsepower car after another?
Dodge has done a great job at this. Neither GM or Ford come close. I just won’t call the 9.xx run factory as it did not sit on the dealer lots in that setting.

after saying all this I want hellcat charger wide body, not the 500 as my next car!
It’s a factory option that comes with the vehicle and backed by full warranty, numb-nuts.

It’s not aftermarket shit, nor modifications.

If Ford had came up with the idea, you’d be ranting and raving about how revolutionary this was. Probably swinging from tree branches like a rabid chimp, dragging your knuckles all over the place.

Instead, you and the squad keep squawking and crying about how it is “not cool / not fair”....

WHAA WHAAA....
As it sits on the showroom floor it’s a beast of a car. Not a 9 sec beast but a beast none the less.

anything that needs to be changed by you(after you purchase) is modified.

Would the demon be street legal if it came from the factory with skinnies up front?

It's plainly obvious to any non hater that Dodge navigated the grey areas of the law, and did everything under the sun to even be able to legally sell the kit to customers. For only a $1, they clearly included this in the normal purchase price of the car, and would have sold it that way without the fear of being sued and thrown in jail.

Why is that so difficult for people to accept and be happy about?
Correct, they did a great job at keeping the race car street legal.

Since release all I’ve asked is what it would run off the showroom. Why I haven’t got an answer I have no idea. One would think they be ecstatic with 10.231 at 133 or similar.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
But the demon cheated. It has a crate with goodies in it.

Shut up already. You guys sound like jealous low T soyboys.

Face the facts. The demon is a ****in beast.

It took him 1.5 hours to:
•switch front tires
•switch the ecu
•switch the air filter
•switch the center consol for the one with a fuel switch
•mix and add an e98 mixture
•go through the settings and configure it for a launch

All to put 2.5-3 cars on a zl1 that run about 11.5’s@125 on an average.

Yes, that’s a high high 10 or low low 11 at about 130 but no, that isn’t out of the realm of what a gt500 is projected to run.

I’d hope the demon is faster than the gt500 same day/track etc but if it is by a fender then obviously the gt500 is doing awesome

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I will say as a Demon owner, and not "internet researcher" that I have no doubt in my mind the Demon will do well in most environments. Its not a one trick pony like the media and internutz lead you to believe.
Regardless, I can't wait to get the GT500 down the quarter. Lord knows my 08 and 14 GT500 SUCKED at the drag strip, just glad someone filled the void......also glad it wasn't Chevy.

I was surprised at its performance on the track in the Demon v M5 vid that @tt335ci03cobra posted. It looks and sounds like a Clydesdale at the KY derby but actually did pretty well.

It’s not quick around a circuit but it’s balanced and fun

blk02edge

Established Member
•switch front tires
•switch the ecu
•switch the air filter

Yes, that’s a high high 10 or low low 11 at about 130 but no, that isn’t out of the realm of what a gt500 is projected to run.

I’d hope the demon is faster than the gt500 same day/track etc but if it is by a fender then obviously the gt500 is doing awesome
That was a 1000hp excorsist.... Not just a ZL1 lol.

Why any MAN would bitch about Dodge skirting the rules over dumb ****ing laws that should not exist to begin with is beyond me. Crate comes from dodge, is 100% warrantied, and every last one of you wishes Ford and Chevy offered the same thing. End of story

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
True. It was going against an 1000hp after market car to begin with and won!

Why any MAN would bitch about Dodge skirting the rules over dumb ****ing laws that should not exist to begin with is beyond me. Crate comes from dodge, is 100% warrantied, and every last one of you wishes Ford and Chevy offered the same thing. End of story

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You could not be more incorrect. It is not a factory option. You cannot order the crate when you order the car...you must wait until after taking delivery to order the crate from SRT concierge and Dodge themselves call the crate "an aftermarket kit".

Demon with crate installed is a modified car just like any other.

Ladies, what I myself and many others want to know is what a 100% stock demon "street" trim etc runs vs redeye, GT500, ZR1 on and on. The crate is a whole bunch of aftermarket parts hidden behind the $1 charge. Also to accurately compare, all must run 93 octane, the tires they came with off the showroom. While browsing many race videos, I do see the ZR1 beating the demon stock for stock. The redeye as well is not that far off, and many have noted the performance vs the price is minuscule.

Jealous of what? One high horsepower car after another?
Dodge has done a great job at this. Neither GM or Ford come close. I just won’t call the 9.xx run factory as it did not sit on the dealer lots in that setting.

after saying all this I want hellcat charger wide body, not the 500 as my next car!

As it sits on the showroom floor it’s a beast of a car. Not a 9 sec beast but a beast none the less.

anything that needs to be changed by you(after you purchase) is modified.

Would the demon be street legal if it came from the factory with skinnies up front?

Correct, they did a great job at keeping the race car street legal.

Since release all I’ve asked is what it would run off the showroom. Why I haven’t got an answer I have no idea. One would think they be ecstatic with 10.231 at 133 or similar.

•switch front tires
•switch the ecu
•switch the air filter

You fellas are insane. I never understood how the far left thinks the way they do. I guess like you all, when they want to believe something bad enough, they will certainly make it a reality in their brain.

Good luck you all. May God have mercy on your souls.

PIPO

Established Member
Dodge advertised that they ran a 9.9 the with the 808 PCM, all seats and full size tires. The one person that tried in Houston went 10.3 with the above and a full tank of 93.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You fellas are insane. I never understood how the far left thinks the way they do. I guess like you all, when they want to believe something bad enough, they will certainly make it a reality in their brain.

Good luck you all. May God have mercy on your souls.
So one can swap out tires and wheels and now and still have it be bone stock? Interesting.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
•switch front tires
•switch the ecu
•switch the air filter

You do realize that all of that was done as "British comedy" and "entertainment" because those guys from "Top Gear" specialize in dragging out procedures and what not for entertainment value. It's almost a rip on American cars which they like doing no matter what the car is.

A regular guy is going to have all of that stuff done to their Demon before hitting the drag strip (ok, maybe swap front skinnies at the track but the rest of it will be done), and even if they do some of that stuff at the track it's not taking that amount of time to do.

It's like the same thing when Jeremy drove the 19 ZR1 and he did a piss poor job of it, check this:

Tony

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
ok so it’s a 1000hp zl1, still doesn’t change the fact it took 1.5 hours to get the demon race ready.

Because when the logical people like me tell the seemingly leftists that putting drag prep on an otherwise stock ford or Chevy or whatever to go toe to toe with a demon are not mods worth bitching about they revert to the dumbest slime ball leftist excuse of stock vs modded when the dodge crate is decidely modifying the car to where it’s not even street legal or emissions compliant, and takes hours to fully convert, and represents what costs $2500+ on other cars. The $85k price tag of the Demon is fine with me as is the $85,001 with the crate. I think the car is badass and I’d buy one if it was 3/4 size. To me the hellcat lineup takes everything I loved about my 03 cobra to the next levels from better performance to stronger build to multifaceted and good handling to mod worthiness to badass blue collar awesomeness and even a decent interior for the class and price (the cobras lagged but still had the nicer seats, pedals, shift knob, gauges, most had the shaker audio and speakers etc. still a shitty interior but dressed up a bit over a gt.)

I didn’t even know you have to remove the air filter, change the center consol valance, remove this and put in that.

I don’t have any beef with dodge, I’ve patted them on the back 100 times this year alone on svtp and called out ford for not doing imo what dodge is doing.

The guys sitting there saying it’s a bitch move to compare times of track prepped cars (not stock!!!!) against demon times since dodge offers it for $1 is stupid and bullshit in my opinion. Tires, race fuel and air filter deletes and pulling stuff out like Seats isn’t mods for an $85k demon because dodge sells you an aftermarket kit (literally billed as such) for $1 including the wrench to pull the seats etc, but another person buys a $60k zl1 or soon $75k gt500 and puts $2500 of slicks/skinnies, racegas tune and pulls their seats with their own wrench, they are heavily modified but the demon is stock I mean that reads like leftist bullshit to me. Keep in mind that demon is know $85,001 and that zl1 is $62500 or that gt500 is $77500. Tax title license and dealer markup hit the demon waaaaaaaaaaaay more than a zl1 or base gt500 so bring up what you want.

To reiterate

I don’t have any beef with dodge, I’ve patted them on the back 100 times this year alone on svtp and called out ford for not doing imo what dodge is doing.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
ok so it’s a 1000hp zl1, still doesn’t change the fact it took 1.5 hours to get the demon race ready.

Because when the logical people like me tell the seemingly leftists that putting drag prep on an otherwise stock ford or Chevy or whatever to go toe to toe with a demon are not mods worth bitching about they revert to the dumbest slime ball leftist excuse of stock vs modded when the dodge crate is decidely modifying the car to where it’s not even street legal or emissions compliant, and takes hours to fully convert, and represents what costs $2500+ on other cars. The $85k price tag of the Demon is fine with me as is the $85,001 with the crate. I think the car is badass and I’d buy one if it was 3/4 size. To me the hellcat lineup takes everything I loved about my 03 cobra to the next levels from better performance to stronger build to multifaceted and good handling to mod worthiness to badass blue collar awesomeness and even a decent interior for the class and price (the cobras lagged but still had the nicer seats, pedals, shift knob, gauges, most had the shaker audio and speakers etc. still a shitty interior but dressed up a bit over a gt.)

I didn’t even know you have to remove the air filter, change the center consol valance, remove this and put in that.

The guys sitting there saying it’s a bitch move to compare times of track prepped cars (not stock!!!!) against demon times since dodge offers it for $1 is stupid and bullshit in my opinion. Tires, race fuel and air filter deletes and pulling stuff out like Seats isn’t mods for an $85k demon because dodge sells you an aftermarket kit (literally billed as such) for $1 including the wrench to pull the seats etc, but another person buys a $60k zl1 or soon $75k gt500 and puts $2500 of slicks/skinnies, racegas tune and pulls their seats with their own wrench, they are heavily modified but the demon is stock I mean that reads like leftist bullshit to me. Keep in mind that demon is know $85,001 and that zl1 is $62500 or that gt500 is $77500. Tax title license and dealer markup hit the demon waaaaaaaaaaaay more than a zl1 or base gt500 so bring up what you want.

To reiterate

In my best @ZYBORG or @blk02edge antagonizing leftist ethos...

“It’s not stock though. Demon is. Cry about it some more fanboy!!!!”

blk02edge

Established Member

To reiterate

You can write as many words as you want, it will never change the fact that the demon crate is from dodge and 100% warrantied. Can you do that with ford and chevy? No.. All that said, I would choose the 500 20x over choosing a Demon but im just not going to turn a blind brand loyal eye to what is awesome.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
A regular guy is going to have all of that stuff done to their Demon before hitting the drag strip (ok, maybe swap front skinnies at the track but the rest of it will be done), and even if they do some of that stuff at the track it's not taking that amount of time to do.
It’s still modifications if you have to put it on after you purchase it.
The ZL1 they ran against was modified as well.

the GM had a lot more work done to it and still lost. Props to dodge!

You can write as many words as you want, it will never change the fact that the demon crate is from dodge and 100% warrantied. Can you do that with ford and chevy?
You are correct the it is warrantied. Just as someone buying a ford performance blower is warrantied. Though I will admit dodge warranty is stronger.

blk02edge

Established Member

You are correct the it is warrantied. Just as someone buying a ford performance blower is warrantied. Though I will admit dodge warranty is stronger.
I believe the factory ford warranty drops quite a large amount with their tuning/boost mods. Otherwise you are relying on dealer warranty. Also cant forget that the crate is built into the cost of the Demon, no huge extra costs.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

Remind me again.
How much does dodge charge for their crates?

I have forgotten.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Even
Remind me again.
How much does dodge charge for their crates?

I have forgotten.
if they cost $5k less, they would still be aftermarket as you need to put them on after you purchase.

Well I purchased from my dealer, they gave me a great deal on it, I had to go back and have them put it on.....it must be factory stock.

Users who are viewing this thread