Good time to buy a 2012?

Jorday

Established Member
So I'm thinking now that the info regarding the 2013 model has been released this might be a good time to buy a new 2012 coming right up here. I wanted one this summer, but at the last second I ended up holding out and saving up for a few more months.

I've came across a couple of deals that seemed pretty good lately...found a small handful of new cars for 4-5k off msrp. Do you guys think the prices will get much better than that between now and whenever the 2013 cars start showing up? Or would you say the prices probably won't improve much and to go ahead and make a move now? (I'm not really asking anyone to tell me when is the right time for me as an individual to buy, just to see what some of you think the prices are going to do)

I'd love a 2013 but there is going to have to be a significant price increase coming over the current model given how many upgrades are coming, and in addition to that I'm sure there will be dealer markups running rampant for 6-12 months minimum.

Thoughts?

kbroush

Established Member
I would think you are right. Im sure there will be some people wanting to get out of their 2012 to jump in a 2013. As far as markups I really dont think in this economy there will be any. When the restyled 2010 came out they were selling for msrp pretty much. Just my thoughts!

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
2012's can be had for pretty cheap nowadays, I'm sure if you wait a little bit longer you will see even better deals.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Patience is a virtue. Especially since the new model year is around the corner and we all know that Shelby's just don't sell out. I would wait until the end of the year and then check inventory on them. Most are holding out for the 13 so if you wait until the first of the year you should make out pretty well on the 12. Especially if there are 13s on showrooms. If your financing then you might be able to get the 60 month 0% interest also.

Jorday

Established Member
I would think you are right. Im sure there will be some people wanting to get out of their 2012 to jump in a 2013. As far as markups I really dont think in this economy there will be any. When the restyled 2010 came out they were selling for msrp pretty much. Just my thoughts!

I bet there will still be markups for a while even with the economy. Whenever there's a new car like this there are always plenty of people coming out of the woodwork to overpay for them. Happens every time it seems like.

svtsupersnake

Banned
i talked wit a few dealerships they said they will not mark up and will sell at msrp and they said usually the price increases historically between models is 2 percent. so expect this to be around 57k i would wait till january maybe even march to buy a 2012 because as we get closer to the release of the 2013. The economy isnt good yes some crazy ppl will want to spend any money to get these cars but if ford ups it too much they lose sales to the camero which is the major competition and this car is in response to the camero. If any dealer is doing gay mark ups then you simply need to go to another dealership there is a ford dealer around me thats criminal and tries to rip ppl off any way they can

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Im hoping to snatch up a 2011 pre-owned sometime next year with the announcement of the 2013's, if they drop in price like I think they will based on this new model specs.

I think there will be a little bit more of a drop in value for the pre-2013 GT500s than there was for the pre-2010's when the 2010 model came out based on these astonishing preformance numbers. There wasnt as drastic as a change in performance from 2009 to 2010 as there is from 2012 to 2013.

svtsupersnake

Banned
wit the 2013s i wouldn't buy a 2011 or 12 now the 2013 basically adds and fixes everything wrong wit the 11s and 12s it would be like buying a defective or incomplete car at this point. the 2011s and 12s will drop in price next year just cuz its a new year and they had to drop in price being a year older u won't see the 13s actually affecting their prices till people start passing up on 11s and 12s because they want 13s

Ray Lucca

Established Member
My guess is the order bank opens in December, production to begin in January??? Cars at Dealer lots in March-April 2012.....Earlier, of course, would be better.....

Users who are viewing this thread