Good Tuner in Midwest?

Youngunn

Established Member
Hey there new to the scene and the forum.

Could anyone point me to a good dyno tuner in the st. Louis Missouri or western Illinois area? I have located a couple but am not familiar with them. Has anyone heard of Anderson Ford Motorsports in Clinton, Illinois? Their website states they have racetrack tuning experience. I like them so far. There's also mid coast performance in st. Charles Missouri, but I've never heard of them.

Just got my 2000 L, stock engine with CAI. Looking to keep it reliable, 400hp area. Want to get a good tuner, tho, so they don't blow my truck up. I will post pics soon. It's lowered 2" and is sitting on 22s, red.

Thanks

opie99

Established Member
if you want to know about mid coast performance go to stlspeed forums, alot of the guys on there have delt with them i believe. i used to go and watch the dyno drags that they had in the winter. i believe its a mustang dyno

glencarbonbolt

Cubs SUCK
Established Member
I bought a car from Anderson Ford several years ago (wasn't a Lightning owner at that time). They were a large SVT dealer and had their own dyno and race shop. Can't speak toward their tuning expertise. And like HIVOLTG said, Stieg is in St. Charles...he tunes and is well known for his ports. If you don't want to go the mail order route, I'd talk to Stieg first. He's all over this forum, so you'll be able to find him.

Youngunn

Established Member
AirMe

AirMe

heres some pics of my L.

opie99

Established Member
post back up the prices and the stuff you had done and the numbers your making now. i live like 10 min away from there and want to do the same to my truck. does anybody know what kind of tuners they perfer?

LightningEd

Established Member
I just started working with a place called Turbo Connection. He is in Ewardsville, Il and has produced some pretty impressive cars. He claims to tune wth SCT or Diablo. He also has a dyno in his shop if your into dynos. I hear the guy tuning for Stieg just might have his act together now.

I am thinking of having him write me a tune and then run a comparison between what I have now and his attempt.

Youngunn

Established Member
lightning ed - i would be interested in knowing which one writes the better tune. i am trying to decide between steig or turbo connection now, becuase i am moving to bunker hill and edwardsville is much closer than st charles.

whats your truck look like, maybe i might see ya on the street?;-) your in edwardsville, right?

Users who are viewing this thread