Good tuner in Southeast Alabama?

Moose04

Established Member
Well my local tuner sold out all his performance parts and even the dyno. Now all he does is just regular maintenance. It sucks! So my question is does anybody know of any good tuners around southeast Alabama?

theparker

Established Member
JMS is in Lucedale, MS about 15-20min north of I-10 off of exit 69

I'm not sure what part of Alabama your from. There is also a company in Mobile, AL called TDC "Top Dead Center" it is about 5min off of I-10 off exit 17.

Moose04

Established Member
JMS is in Lucedale, MS about 15-20min north of I-10 off of exit 69

I'm not sure what part of Alabama your from. There is also a company in Mobile, AL called TDC "Top Dead Center" it is about 5min off of I-10 off exit 17.

I'm on the border line between Florida and Georgia. I didn't know there was one in Mobile. I use to go to Mobile a couple times a month and never knew it was there. I will definitely have to check into it!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Another vote for XXX.. Brad is awesome. He took care of me and quite a few of my friends Cobra's.. he's solid and his crew is really nice

Moose04

Established Member
Another vote for XXX.. Brad is awesome. He took care of me and quite a few of my friends Cobra's.. he's solid and his crew is really nice

Pensacola is around 3 hours from home. I was really not wanting to drive over a hour. I really didn't want to have to drive 3-4 hours every time I do a mod to get it tuned. I may not have a choice though. I know there is a place in Enterprise, AL. Its called Pro Master Automotive. My old tuner shop told me about it. I just hate going blind into a place I've heard nothing about.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You're worried about a 3hr drive to go to a reputable tuner? Is it worth your engine popping due to someone who is incompetent? You have JMS and XXX within honestly a not far driving distance. People who know these cars inside and out. I can tell you right now, out here in Cali.. People drive 8+hrs to AED. Hell a guy drove down from Canada to get tuned.

Just my .02.. But 3hrs isn't worth a 8k engine build.

Moose04

Established Member
You're worried about a 3hr drive to go to a reputable tuner? Is it worth your engine popping due to someone who is incompetent? You have JMS and XXX within honestly a not far driving distance. People who know these cars inside and out. I can tell you right now, out here in Cali.. People drive 8+hrs to AED. Hell a guy drove down from Canada to get tuned.

Just my .02.. But 3hrs isn't worth a 8k engine build.

Dude I never said anything about not driving that far. I was only trying to find near by options. Do you think I'm stupid enough to go anywhere without doing research. By the way I have heard some bad things about XXX. FYI your engine could pop at the best of the best tuner

94slowbra1

Established Member
if your right on the georgia line how far is atlanta from you? i run a jms tune right now and am happy with it but when i do the remaining part of my performance mods ill be making the trip to bob kurgn. both jms and kurgan have done me right

Moose04

Established Member
if your right on the georgia line how far is atlanta from you? i run a jms tune right now and am happy with it but when i do the remaining part of my performance mods ill be making the trip to bob kurgn. both jms and kurgan have done me right

I'm about 3 1/2 hours from ATL. I've actually heard that name, Bob Kurgan, several times. I see repetition here, lol. Most are over 3 hours. Might have to make a road trip. The reason I wanted someone close is because I wanted to a little modding at a time and with each mod do a dyno tune. I might just have to just save up for several mods or one major mod then take it to get dyno tuned. I don't mind making the drive for a good tuner. I'm trying to find options that I can do some research on.

94slowbra1

Established Member
well if thats the case i would run it over to kurgan motorsports. and yes it would be wise to do a group of mods and then get a tune so you dont have to run back every time. kurgan is about 8.5 hrs from me and thats where ill be going

Users who are viewing this thread