GOODYEAR vs KELLY: need your opinion...

the ambush

Established Member
i was told by a GoodYEAR dealer that the kelly evo-z is the exact same thing as the gsd-3. exept it doesn't have the warranty of the goodyear, plus they dont spend all that on advertising.

what are your thoughts?

04 RedFire

2014 Black GT500
Established Member
Based on my tire buying experience you just have to try them out or talk to someone that has tried them. Tires vary greatly even ones made "by the same manufacturer." I even bought the brand, and model tire a couple years later and they had changed the tread design enough that I didn't like them anymore. Tires have a tendency to be one of those items that there are a gazillion opinions on. Sorry for not helping much. But you just need to do some research on each brand. There are several online retailers that can give you some help also. Read ALL the reviews for a specific tire and make some judgments.

Rob

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
I currently have a set of Kelly Roadhugger Rage's on my car. They were a bit pricey but not much over the average cost of tires you'd put on a sports car. Im pleased with the performance of them. I have about 40,000 miles on them right now of "spirited" driving. Of course they aren't very effective now because they are pretty much bald, but when they were younger they had great traction and they've lasted quite a while.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Kelly is manufactured by Goodyear so the local dealer says. I know growing up they were. If you wanted a Goodyear tire without the price you bought a Kelly Springfield. I just recently talked to our local Goodyear rep about new tires and he said for sure that Goodyear still made them.

Users who are viewing this thread