• Lightning Performance

Votes: 247 50.1%
  • Other

Votes: 56 11.4%

• Total voters

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I just picked up a LFP heat exchanger and expansion tank last week and the install was a breeze. The only thing I had to change was to buy a longer hose to connect the driver's side fitting on the exchanger. The unit looks GREAT on the car and my only regret is not getting it stenciled (I didn't know they could do that at the time I placed my order :shrug: ).

An excellent product that adds both performance and great looks to your Terminator! :thumbsup:

chevysRslow

Established Member
They both look like great products. The LFP looks to be slightly better constructed (outstanding welds and bar plate top/bottom) and the Gords has the advantage of bolt on fans.

If I were buying today, I'd go with LFP and save the $100 since I don't envision needing fans.

OmahaStang

Established Member
Installed mine yesterday and if I had to do it again it wouldn't have been to bad. The only problem I could see having again is finding the right angle to get it up there and also fighting those darn factory hose clamps.

As posted above about 2 posts I thought my hose was to short on the drivers side also and I would need to buy a longer one. This is the thread in regards to that problem. (didn't need to buy a longer hose my own mistake)
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273249

OmahaStang

Established Member
Installed mine (LFP) yesterday and if I had to do it again it wouldn't have been to bad. The only problem I could see having again is finding the right angle to get it up there and also fighting those darn factory hose clamps. Great product looks awsome and also did some polishing on it even though you don't see the side parts of it.

As posted above about 2 posts I thought my hose was to short on the drivers side also and I would need to buy a longer one. This is the thread in regards to that problem. (didn't need to buy a longer hose my own mistake)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273249

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Does LFP have one with fans? I want me some fans, I don't want any chance of my shit ever getting hot at the races... :fm:

Mark@LFP

Banned
We just finished up a short run of our soon to be released LFP EXtreme performance Stage2 dual pass Cobra heat exchanger. These units will alllow fluid to pass twice through our large core before heading back.
The short run will be shipping tomorrow to those who have persuaded us to produce it.
We do have a unit at the fabricators being fitted for shroud & fan. No introductory date yet.

Jesse/LFP
1-281-385-5339
www.lightningforceperformance.com
" Check IT Out "

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm very happy with my LFP HE, IC tank and radiator.
Top quality stuff and easy to install.
My 4lb lower pulley is great too!

shomurph

Established Member
Mark@LFP said:
We just finished up a short run of our soon to be released LFP EXtreme performance Stage2 dual pass Cobra heat exchanger. These units will alllow fluid to pass twice through our large core before heading back.
The short run will be shipping tomorrow to those who have persuaded us to produce it.
We do have a unit at the fabricators being fitted for shroud & fan. No introductory date yet.

Jesse/LFP
1-281-385-5339
" Check IT Out "

oh oh more info please when available.

I need to buy a HE within the next two weeks.

Jesse@LFP

Banned
9svtcobra4 said:
Does anyone have any pics of the different stencils on them? i have seen the cobra but would like to see one that says SVT on a car.

Courtesy of Jamerson Watts in Panama City Fl.

watts1.jpg

watts2.jpg

Last edited:

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
Be careful about too many fins per square inch. At higher speeds, too dense of a unit can stall the air out in front of it and actually not cool as well as something less dense. Just my 2 cents.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Let's not go there again. Either one is going to do so much of a better job than stock it's really not an issue-not without some independent test results, which there aren't any of.

They're BOTH quality units.

Wolfhound

25th Infantry
Established Member
Here is a pic with the bumper off and a LFP H/E with SVT stenciling.

43254.jpg

9svtcobra4 said:
Does anyone have any pics of the different stencils on them? i have seen the cobra but would like to see one that says SVT on a car.

HKB

Established Member
I have the Ron Davis (Extreme Motorsports) heat exchanger with the 2 fans-these fans are small but really pull alot of air through the exchanger . I've had this for almost 2 years & about 20,000 miles & have never had any problems with the fans .

Sharkster

Established Member
Wolfhound said:
Here is a pic with the bumper off and a LFP H/E with SVT stenciling.

43254.jpg
god that just gives me a hardon i cant wait to get it on there

anyone know the new LFP extreme is going to run pricewise?

Mark@LFP

Banned
Our Stage2 dual pass with extended hose, adapter, clamps will be introduced at WFC9. Come by our both and take a look! Introductory price is $379.00.
Twin Fan kit with shroud is now being fitted for our Stage1 EXtreme HE.
Stage2 EXtreme dual pass HE for Lightning/Harley to follow very soon!
Also an EXtreme reservoir and HE is being finished for those running a Saleen.

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
" Check IT Out "

Last edited:

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I run LFP and love it. Cobra's power stays very consistant on the street and dyno in the hot summers down here in GA. Mark is a great guy to deal with too....

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I have a PFAb tank and LFP HE 20% motorcraft gold, 1 bottle water wetter, and the rest distilled water excellent temps while while dynoeing.

Users who are viewing this thread