Got 3rd in 5.0 Mustang 2010 KOTS

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I knew Tonys white Compound boosted Shelby had it locked up, but I thought I had a shot at second since the other big competition had a TH400 for a tranny. Oh well, I'm happy it did as well as it did with such a short amount of time to get everything right.
I've spent a ton of time and $ on Fords in the past decade, so it's nice to finally get in a magazine. I'm gonna enjoy it for awhile. Once I get the car back on the road, I'm just gonna drive it for awhile and see what that is like! haha

Huge thanks to Horsepower Solutions in Hampton, VA for helping me get the car done in time.

Here are some of the pages I scanned in from the mag.

5-0magazineKOTS1_0001.jpg

5-0magazineKOTS1_0002.jpg

5-0magazineKOTS1_0003.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
congrats man!! do you have any other pictures of your car?? I'm really diggin the wheels so I'd like to see more! :beer:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Thanks everybody. I can't wait to drive it again.

Very cool! What is the criteria of the competition?
The 2 biggest categories were dyno numbers and driveability, then it was fit and finish, engineering, popular vote at the event, and the drag race was the lowest valued category.

Congrats. Damn, your car looks good in that head-on pic.
Thanks, all the black stuff I did right before the event really turned out nice. I was scared it was gonna be too black.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Cool stuff!

Why do you talk about the TH400 like it is a bad thing? I though it was the tranny of choice for turbo guys. :shrug:

Because the competition is supposed to be fore cars you wouldn't have a problem driving across the country in, the TH400 would be very costly to do that in. They even mention it in the article that they don't even let them in the contest usually, 3 speeds in general I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread