Got a new 5.0, can't decide on exhaust.

Lone Star

Established Member
Definitely recommend the GT500 mufflers, no drone, great sound and will not get you pulled over. How these cars should have left the factory IMO.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Everyone has their own opinion, but this is our 5 liter with the Lethal O/R Xpipe and Magnaflow Competition Catback

Here's with just the Lethal O/R Xpipe

Just food for thought, let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

John

Any chance you have the lethal o/r hpipe with those axlebacks on video?

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I have the GT500's and will be removing the Resonators this week hopefully! LOVE the sound of my mufflers!

You don't see the 3" JBA cat back much but I think that is a GREAT sounding setup....add the 3" JBA H-Pipe and you are set!!!
AmericanMuscle is running a special on the cat-back right now too!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bRNOTiwYMkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
wow, guys, i got a lot more responses than i expected. Glad to see the passion too. Everyone calm down though. nobody a borla fan in here? I'm thinking the 2.75 piping should be plenty for a 500 rwhp car.

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
If i hadnt gone the way i had went i was seriously considering the GT500s, it was a toss up between those and the Roush.

dynasty_365

Established Member
If u like the sound of the flowmaster y not just go with them. It doesn't matter if they r painted black. U don't see them. U really only see the tip. Gt500's r too quiet and tame. Heard some in person and wasn't impressed at all. Stripperpolef150's Borland sound sick. And the hushpowers sound damn good. I'm going with the outlaws which is a step up above the hushpowers

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
wow, guys, i got a lot more responses than i expected. Glad to see the passion too. Everyone calm down though. nobody a borla fan in here? I'm thinking the 2.75 piping should be plenty for a 500 rwhp car.

That would be me. I have the borla s-type catback with heartthrob cat delete pipes. When I installed the kit the pipes were visually bigger than the stock pipping which makes my friends and I believe they are bigger than 2 3/4 (still haven't seen where it says they are). The exhaust sounds sick and exotic. I know a lot of people don't want an exotic tone from their mustang but with a high revving engine your going to get it. The catback had the perfect loudness and tone for the average person. Once I installed the cat delete pipes it turned into a monster. I still don't have a vid with the cat delete pipes but here is a vid of the catback:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYAb9KuFJVA"]2012 Mustang GT Borla S Type Catback Exhaust - YouTube[/nomedia]

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Borla ATAK cat back with after cat borla x pipe....Quiet at low rpm's once you get over 2k the monster comes alive looking forward to long tubes and cat deletes for some moar loud!

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Any chance you have the lethal o/r hpipe with those axlebacks on video?

We don't have anything on video here. We always left the X-Pipe on. If you look around on youtube, I'm sure you'll find something. Most of the ones I found were videos using GT500 Mufflers. Sounds pretty badass IMO.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

John

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I love my GT500's with Resonators removed.

Normal Take Accel

[youtube_browser]WowxBQunJHE&list[/youtube_browser]

Hard Accel

[youtube_browser]Tl4yFICKxvY[/youtube_browser]

Normal driving (Had the wife drive it in to work one day)

[youtube_browser]vZ4PSPw3NJs[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]jum3J5I-INo[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
Red, what is needed to delete the resonators? A noob question, I know but bear with me. I'm coming off of 6 years in the GM camp.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Red, what is needed to delete the resonators? A noob question, I know but bear with me. I'm coming off of 6 years in the GM camp.

Either need over axle pipes or take it to an exhaust shop and have them cut them out and weld some pipe in.

teamstorm02

Established Member

Buy a set of over axle pipes.. lethal performance sells them $299

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-2012-mustang-gt-5-0l-exhaust-over-axle-pipes-c-8486_9905_10603/jpc-racing-2011-mustang-gt-2-3-4-t304-s-s-over-axle-pipes-p-35379

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread