Got a new beater a few weeks ago

Brad

Banned
1998 land rover discovery, had been looking for a really clean one for a year... Went to check this one out about 4 months ago, guy wanted a huge number for it, said it was mint. I get there and it's been sitting under a tree for what looked like over a year... Also it didn't run... So after talking price with him for the whole 4 months he caved since nobody was interested in a broken down land rover..

When I got this you couldn't even tell what color it was, inside or out... All the doors were frozen shut... I was able to get it running for a few min and saw the motor and tranny were fine. Plus the body was strait and there was seriously no rust on it... so I bought it...

2k in parts I got it running and looking new again, the cobra def took a back seat to this car this month... Prob have about 40 hours worth of labor into it but it's a real nice beater for what I paid.

detail1.jpg

detail2.jpg

detail3.jpg

Here is a pic of my stang also just for the hell of it, I haven't posted here in a while..

incar1.jpg

05.jpg

niceblower.jpg

Brad

Banned
key said:
I need to find me a beater like that.. Looks really nice!

I was stupid and didn't take before pics of this thing, because it looks like a different car now. It was hilarious because when I met this guy the first time he was telling me how he had offers for 15k etc... I told him at a land rover dealer it'd cost about 15k to get it running again, which is true...

The day I bought it I had a land rover dealer check the computer because the idle was so out of wack, and they gave me a list of everything they wanted to do to it, and it was real close to 15k... haha

Pretty much just bought all the parts on ebay and did all the work myself. Dealer wanted $1200 for an alternator, picked one up on ebay for $150... lol..

love bandit2 said:
put some 24'z on it

haha, I'm just going to leave it stock... Trying to bling out one of these things just doesn't work, they look stupid, the only stuff that looks ok on them is lifting them and putting mud tires on them, which is another thing I'm not doing, lol... Although I am planning on getting a single din flip screen nav for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread