Got a new exhaust, thought I'd post a video.

yamahaSHO

Established Member
For awhile now, I have wanted to get rid of the rear Y and two mufflers in favor of a single 3" muffler. I figured this would remove some weight ~15lbs and flow better as the previous exhaust shop just butted the 3" pipe into the side of the 2.5" pipe and Y'd it out.

I was really worried it would get too loud, but it's great. It is louder at idle and everywhere else, but it's not obnoxious and I think it even sounds better. I ended up replacing the two 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers for one 3" Borla XR-1 Sportsman Race muffler. My new GoPro is being sent in for a new one as it rarely turns on and the sound isn't the best. You can still get an idea of how it sounds though. I haven't detected any real rasp, which was another thing I was afraid of.

After a few years on this setup, it feels slow. Next is ID1000's, 320lph pump (hardwired), and corn! I have maxed out my 48lb/hr injectors and can't take the motor past 7k RPM. Thought I'd share.

I got a few runs in...
[youtube_browser]SJQUxXrvWX4[/youtube_browser]

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Doesn't sound bad, as long as you're happy that's all that matters.
The video doesn't do it justice, but I'm loving the sound. There is no rasp which is a treat as these motors like producing that crap. The sound is getting a tad louder and deeper as I put miles on it, but it seems that is normal for these after the packing starts "breaking in".

You like anything SHO. :rockon:

I did receive something today that should help put the new exhaust to use. I was maxing out the 48 lb/hr injectors on a cold day in Denver and on a hot day at this lower elevation. I figured I'd double the size and possibly change my fuel type. :banana:

15874202_large.jpg

15874203_large.jpg

15874204_large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread