Got a new toy, 4 FREE

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
While 4 wheeling this past weekend I found a Ford 8.8 rear end that someone dumped on the side of the road. I got it back to the house and put it on blocks. I poped the cover and the internals seem to be in great shape. It's a 3.08 open. It should be fun to take apart to see how everything works.:)

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
did that once
got it from a guy just to see what was inside, helped me out a lot as about 6 months later i did the gears in my stang
better to learn n something else than your daly driver:beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I also have my eyes on an old 305 chevy in a burned out old car. I'm going to start looking in the local junk yard for a mod motor soon.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Here's a pic of the 2:

7and8.JPG

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I've been thinking about the same thing....Been on my mind to tear open a junked 8.8 just to see for myself what's all involved in a gear swap....

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by 28 fangs
I've been thinking about the same thing....Been on my mind to tear open a junked 8.8 just to see for myself what's all involved in a gear swap....

It's really not that hard to swap gears once you know what your doing. I am a dumbass when it comes to working on cars yet I was able to swap the gears on my wrangler rubicon.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I hear ya...I usually do all my own work on my rides,but I keep hearing that a gear swap is hard to do..That's why I have never tried it...

Users who are viewing this thread