Got a new toy for the garage - 4 post lift

rccg94

Established Member
I've wanted one for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. I had the garage door in my third bay installed so it followed the pitch of the roof to make room. This is the type of lift you can move around on casters so it isn't bolted to the floor.

This is an "early" pic, I don't back it on any more - too dangerous as you can't see a thing. I added some fiberglass driveway marker sticks to the ramps but even with those, it's a pain.

Sometimes I just set up lawn chair under it, grab a beer and get to know the undercarriage! :D

161119-IMG_20161119_163007_204.jpg.html]

161119-IMG_20161119_163007_204.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Love it someday lol. If you don't mind me asking how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rccg94

Established Member
It was $2995 installed. I thought it would be more but with the 4 post, you don't have to have special footers, etc. for the floor. I had seen them as low as 2K with "free shipping" but that generally means to a terminal where you would need to pick it up. My F150 wasn't going to be enough so between renting a trailer and struggling with it I figured I would just pay to have it delivered and installed.

I had seen a company on Craigslist a few times running a "we're in the Denver area and have some extra lifts" ad so I finally called and talked to them. They were legit so I ordered one. They said no down payment, no deposit - nothing until it was done and I was satisfied. When the guys showed up to install it, sure enough they had a few extras on the truck that were already sold. They said people stop and talk to them at gas stations, rest stops, etc., and often buy them right on the spot.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It was $2995 installed. I thought it would be more but with the 4 post, you don't have to have special footers, etc. for the floor. I had seen them as low as 2K with "free shipping" but that generally means to a terminal where you would need to pick it up. My F150 wasn't going to be enough so between renting a trailer and struggling with it I figured I would just pay to have it delivered and installed.

I had seen a company on Craigslist a few times running a "we're in the Denver area and have some extra lifts" ad so I finally called and talked to them. They were legit so I ordered one. They said no down payment, no deposit - nothing until it was done and I was satisfied. When the guys showed up to install it, sure enough they had a few extras on the truck that were already sold. They said people stop and talk to them at gas stations, rest stops, etc., and often buy them right on the spot.

Nice definitely on my list of things I want. I hate jack stands lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread