Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suspension work

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Save for Turbo

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

97SVTStang

Established Member
I got a nice tax return this year and I need help spending it.

I know the long tubes would be pointless if I go turbo but then again I am not even close to having the money for the turbo. But it might be a good time to start saving.

But I need some more hp now I cant wait for turbo. I know my car aint the fastest, but I have one of the fastest Cobra's around here and all my buddies are starting to catch up with me and I dont like it one bit.

I am leaning towards the headers one becasue I know they make good power for our cars and I know they have to make a good sound. But then again my airflow sensor and T/body is stock and I know that is robbing me of alot of power. Help me!

Last edited:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I say start on the suspension. Maybe a nice package kit from Maximum Motorsports. Like the street/strip kit.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Your t/b and mass air arent hurting you. Get the long tubes, they will give you what you want. If you have the Eibach drag launch kit, what other suspension parts are you wanting?

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Listen to URDONE. If your goal is to improve your quarter mile times, you will need to suspension work. As far as longtube headers are concerned, you will not see a vast improvement until you do a head and intake swap. Besides, longtubes will only gain you about 5-10 hp over shorties. If you car is not a track only car, stay away from longtubes. Good luck.

RAWSN8K

97SVTStang

Established Member
Well it looks like its going to be a better month for me money wise all together, got some extra money comin in from a side job. So I have decided to go long tubes, what brand though BBK or Mac, o/r h or x pipe. And I will have enough money for the suspension, upper and lower control arms. Happy early birthday to me right?

myblk32v

Established Member
i would go with bbk long tubes...much better quality over mac. And i would get a matching DR . gas X pipe to go along with those long tubes.

Herrcomestroubl

Established Member
LongTubes are only going to change your tone.. not really going to notice anything unless you have more air for them to flow... I would suggestion SUSPENSION... I know people with near stock engines beating the pi$$ out of modded cobras... because they are able to yank 1.5s and such. You can all the power in the world and wont do a bit of good unless you can put it to the pavment.... But its your call... :)

97SVTStang

Established Member
Well I already put down 1.6 60ft times with the stock suspension (except the drag launch springs) I am knida scared to see what she does when I do all my suspension work. Lakewood 90/10 frt struts, 50/50 rear shocks, upper and lower control arms, and tublar K member coming soon. But I want more base hp for the street so I think I am going for the headers.

myblk32v

Established Member
Originally posted by Herrcomestroubl
LongTubes are only going to change your tone.. not really going to notice anything unless you have more air for them to flow... I would suggestion SUSPENSION... I know people with near stock engines beating the pi$$ out of modded cobras... because they are able to yank 1.5s and such. You can all the power in the world and wont do a bit of good unless you can put it to the pavment.... But its your call... :)
Umm...theres a couple guys in my club that have lightly modded cobras that made something like 15 RWHP with LT's

Users who are viewing this thread