Got A Speeding Ticket.

killerstanger

Established Member
Hi guys,
Im bumed out today because i got my first ticket ever in four years of driving! and yes it was a speeding ticket. Well, let me start off by saying that i just need some advice as to how to tell my side of the story to the judge, because dont think that i was speeding just because there was a good reason to do it but its still speeding. First off Ive never received a ticket in 4 years so that should help out a bit right? i was going home after work on a for lane ave (2 lanes going 2 lanes coming) I was on the left lane because the street i turn on is to the left. Well, thru my rear view i see this el camino coming in real fast.. in back of me. So i think i better move to my right lane, but I could not because there was a van right next to me. so i stayed and the el camino was tailgaiting me like there is no tomorrow! im talking inches. So my left turn is coming up but i do not dare tough the brakes because this lady is inches from my beautiful 2004 cobra bumber :mj: so i cannot move to my right so i speed up to pass the van and move to my right and as soon as a pass the van the el camino turns to the right lane and passes me doing like 60 on a 35mph street. then right behind her a cop passes me and pulls her over, as a pass the scene he hand signals me to pull over also. stupid me i pulled over. even after explaining my story he still gave me a ticket saying no matter what its speeding. which is totaly understandable but come on the way i see it i prevented the lady from hitting my bumber. either way, what should i do and say?

killerstanger

Established Member
By the way im trying to apply for the Border Patrol and they told me stuff like speeding tickets were real bad in the hiring proccess. Thats a big reason i took care of my licence so much. And for me to get a ticket because i panicked over a lady that was road raging i think is unfair. but hey the law is the law, just trying to find the best way for the judge to understand me. Dont know if the fact that im a full time college student and full time worker will help in the begging proccess.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
killerstanger said:
By the way im trying to apply for the Border Patrol and they told me stuff like speeding tickets were real bad in the hiring proccess. Thats a big reason i took care of my licence so much. And for me to get a ticket because i panicked over a lady that was road raging i think is unfair. but hey the law is the law, just trying to find the best way for the judge to understand me. Dont know if the fact that im a full time college student and full time worker will help in the begging proccess.

I work with B.P. all the time. A speeding ticket isnt going to harm you in their hiring process at all. A bunch of points on your license might make them take a second look as you need a D.L. for the job. Actually one of my friends is the Supervisory Patrol Agent here in Tampa.

Dont sweat it. Especially since they want to hire 2000 new patrol agents in the next two years.

I dont enjoy their work environment.

Good Luck.

Oh yeah, no way out of the ticket. Check to see if your state offers some type of class in leiu of points for the first ticket.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
The ticket should not hamper your efforts to obtain a career in law enforcement, you should also be able to attend traffic school to avoid the point and any insurance notification.

You can try fighting the ticket, however if I were you I'd simply save myself the trouble and accept the options listed above.

BTW - Fighting the ticket won't cost you anything and will not increase the penalty, so the choice is up to you.

Good luck with the career. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread