Got a ticket..... Almost :)

TheGovernment

Established Member
So I was on my way home today in my 08 500, caught the lights and ended up first in the fast lane. There were lots of cars behind me, the start of rush hour but being first and having a cube van beside me, I opened it up full boar, right to 70 mph and shut it down. About 30 seconds later I see a ghost car with lights a blazing coming up on my tail..... awwww damn! lol
I pull over and wait for the cop, he says "do you know why I pulled you over?" I said "for having an awesome car and you wanted a closer look?"
He kinda laughed a bit, said "well it's actually because you squealed your tires when you took off, that and it sounded like you had a raped ape screaming from under the hood, my god that thing is loud" I said "well, I'll be honest, I took it to about 68 mph and shut it down, it's extremely hard not to squeal the tires" He took my info and said right then and there " Well, I'm only gonna give you a warning for the tires, I'll let the speeding slide and not give you a warning on that just in case you need to use it at a later date" with a smirk on his face.

He came back gave me the tire warning and said " I'll be honest, if this would have been a GT, you probably would have gotten the ticket BUT being a shelby, I understand it needing to stretch it's legs every now and then" Gave me my stuff back and jumped back into his car.

I know it's not really ticket worthy just to give'r but although it sucked to get pulled over, he was pretty cool and nothing bad came of it.

Thats my only good Shelby story.... Thankfully I wasn't driving a GT LOL

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Really, first response in and we get that? I just logged in and see this, come on. Thread cleaned and awards given and don't bother responding to my awards.

TheGovernment

Established Member
Really, first response in and we get that? I just logged in and see this, come on. Thread cleaned and awards given and don't bother responding to my awards.

Just delete the thread. I thought it was cool the cop was a car guy and was actually joking around with me but I guess others dont see it that way lol

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I see no reason to delete it or move it, yet. Can't make a descent response? Don't post. Funny is fine, rude and stupid isn't.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Just delete the thread. I thought it was cool the cop was a car guy and was actually joking around with me but I guess others dont see it that way lol

Story was decent - I give it 7/10. Shame you weren't in a Terminator though, he probably would have not given you any warning and offered to buy you a beer for allowing him to stand next to the car :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread