Got a ticket for tailgating. WTF???!!

ZeroFear

Banned
I was driving around last Friday night on a large two lane road. Long story short, I end up getting pulled over by a cop. I was pretty curious as to what I did. He asks if I was in a hurry and says he saw me go around some cars in a risky manner. He then asks for the usual stuff like ID and does the checks. He comes back and gives a ticket for tailgating. He never said I was speeding or doing crazy shit, just he disapproved of how I went around some cars.

Should I get a lawyer or just go to court and say I wasn't tailgating. I was driving just the same distance as all the other cars. I believe he pulled me over due to it being a "car" spot that people race at, and just wanted to break balls.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
your in rhode island??? you lucked out! you can ask for the ticket to be dismissed:
In Rhode Island, for example, if you haven't had any vehicle-related violations in three years and then receive a minor one (for example, for exceeding the speed limit by less than 20 miles an hour), you can ask that the ticket be dismissed. It usually is.
and if it isnt, fight it anyways for a lower fine, to get it turned into a minor offense(not reported to insurer), or even get it dismissed:
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourCar/ItPaysToAvoidaSpeedingTicket.aspx

Common

Established Member
ZeroFear said:
I was driving around last Friday night on a large two lane road. Long story short, I end up getting pulled over by a cop. I was pretty curious as to what I did. He asks if I was in a hurry and says he saw me go around some cars in a risky manner. He then asks for the usual stuff like ID and does the checks. He comes back and gives a ticket for tailgating. He never said I was speeding or doing crazy shit, just he disapproved of how I went around some cars.

Should I get a lawyer or just go to court and say I wasn't tailgating. I was driving just the same distance as all the other cars. I believe he pulled me over due to it being a "car" spot that people race at, and just wanted to break balls.

Need more details, I am willing to bet money there is more to the story than you're telling...........
What kind of car do you drive?, do you have the useless limo tint, do you have EXTRA bright ebay HID's..?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There is little doubt that there is huge amounts of information missing here .. not only that but I would be there is a fair amount of spin on the story as well

Common

Established Member
mustangkid05 said:
just pay it u cheap skate

Tailgating is a serious violation and in most states comes with 5 points and a hefty fine.
You, big baller you:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread