Got a water leak from back passenger side engine

Unoid

Established Member
cobraleak1.jpg

This is the back passenger part of engine bay. I can look down and see the Midpipe right after it connects to the manifold. I see dripping water hitting the midpipe. So its coming from behind the engine or something close to it.

The fluid is 95% water. I smelt and rubbed it and no chemical smell at all, Not even sure if it could be engine coolant.

I had no check engine lights, Just some dripping after I stopped the car.

Anyone care to help? I still have a warranty and can get it checked.

EDIT: the leak is from somewhere directly behind the engine and its not the hoses behind the plenum. The drip is slowing down as the engine cools. AC was not on, but defroster position with medium cool/warm.

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
I just went and turned my car on with the defrost on and at medium temp just to make sure.The a/c compressor is on even with just running the defrost so water will come out of the drain in the firewall.The drain is located above the exhaust pipe about where the valve cover meets the head.It is a black square with a short tube in the middle.A flashlight will help when you see it dripping look there to make sure it is just the a/c dripping

hope that helps you,I tried my best to explain where it (a/c drain)is located

Unoid

Established Member
Thanks for the help. I was worried as I should be. Thanks for alleviating my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread