Got an offer on my L

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
Really, I walked out of Oreilly today and a guy was standing buy my truck and asked me what you selling it for?? I said its not for sale. Very nice guy, and actually knew quite a bit about Lightnings, and is looking to buy an 03 or 04! He told me he was hooked after he test drove one!

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
DSG03LTNG said:
Really, I walked out of Oreilly today and a guy was standing buy my truck and asked me what you selling it for?? I said its not for sale. Very nice guy, and actually knew quite a bit about Lightnings, and is looking to buy an 03 or 04! He told me he was hooked after he test drove one!
guess there is a market for them in TX. think 26K is a good price?

Edit: 21 views and only 1 reply... come on people..

Last edited:

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
I know what he meant bout being hooked. I drove my 03 and went home without it. Kept thinkin bout it and ended up goin back up there and buying it the same day

gbgary

Established Member
blownsvtlightning said:
I had an offer today for 26K for my 2002 true blue L with 16K miles. should I take it??? guess there is a market for them in TX. think 26K is a good price?

if you're wanting to sell it fast do the deal. that's a good price for an '02. if the market is really getting hot for them then keep it and see what happens. i wouldn't sell mine if someone offered me 30k cause i love it and want to keep it a long time. it's not about turning a profit for me, it's about having a very cool ride to cruise around in.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
gbgary said:
if you're wanting to sell it fast do the deal. that's a good price for an '02. if the market is really getting hot for them then keep it and see what happens. i wouldn't sell mine if someone offered me 30k cause i love it and want to keep it a long time. it's not about turning a profit for me, it's about having a very cool ride to cruise around in.

I hvae weighed the pros and cons... I have 16K miles for a reason. I never drive it.. it sits in my garage and I pay insurance on it. its paid for so I don't have a payment every month... I just drive it every 3 or 4 weekends when its nice out... to the store or what not...

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I would counter $27 and then bank that for a GT500 if I was in your shoes and didn't use the truck as a truck. I love my L more than any other car that I have ever had and I have had some awesome cars, but I also drive it everyday. That said, if I didn't drive it daily I could think of some pretty nice cars that I'd rather have sitting in my garage. If you drove it everyday and used it as a pick up, I'd say keep it unless you get an incredible offer. I paid $20k even for my 02 and it had 986 miles (2500 now) on it when I got it a little over two months ago. I guess the area may have some bearing on the prices.

fatwake2000

Established Member
do this

think what else you are going to do with the 26,000 and if you think that will make you happier than sell it, if the L is still better then keep it. i would not sell mine for that but i love my truck and i cant think of anything else that would let me out run sports cars and still let me throw my lacrosse stuff in the bed and then go and tow my boat on the weekend. it is just all around sweet ride for me.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
The market does seem to be growing in Texas, in fact I am looking at getting one in the next couple of months! fatwake2000 said it best; yea its money but in the end what is better, sitting on 26K or blowing by everything with four wheels :burnout: and still being able to carry furniture and haul a boat. :shrug: I am at a point at wanting one like crazy so my opinion may be a little swayed.

Mystic1199

Established Member
i would take it ..... i ran into same situation 2 weeks ago ...tru blu but i had 9500 miles on mine and alot of stuff done to it ...never drove it in winter ...and my job is 26miles each way so gas was killing me .... i ended up selling it to a new member on here for 22.7 i was asking 25k/bo but i knew him from another board so i took first real offer .....

but its all your call , u will proably never see a offer like that again on it ...good luck with whatever choice you make

Prozak

Established Member
26k is a good offer, i paid 22,500 for mine and its a 02 true blue with 10k miles...

i got a good deal..

Users who are viewing this thread