Got Another New Toy :)

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Its been a fun weekend for me Thursday I bought my new [to me] 01 'ploder, and then the next morning I went out and bought this lik' beauty

_DSC0500.jpg

This is an '07 KTM 950 Supermoto. Basically its a dirtbike with a huge ass motor and GP bike brakes and wheels. It's an absolute RIOT to ride! Its so good, it's almost like cheating

So, I spent the remainder of the weekend on two wheels with my Dad. We used to ride dirt about 45 wknds a year, from the time I was 11 up until I was about 24. We rode mostly crosscountry racing and such. We got out of it a few years ago with work and all that stuff taking a big chunk of our time away. So, this weekend was the first time we've gotten to ride together for easily three years.

Here's some little shots of us getting ready, and heading out for the first time.

_DSC0540.jpg

_DSC0559.jpg

All told, we rode about 340 miles or so, since about 630 Saturday night. It was a BLAST! This was one of the best weekends I've ever had

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Is the KTM a v twin also ? What is the second bike ?
Weird looking machines but the KTM looks more comfy than a rocket.
Nice gear, looks very safe.

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Yeah its a twin, both of the bikes are, actually. The red bike is an 07 Buell XB12Scg. Its a harley 1203 motor showhorned in a really short wheelbase chassis. That thing is super nimble.

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Thanks fellas! The thing was $$$$, but it was worth every penny after the first few turns I took the bike though :)

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i LOVE KTMs(dont ride, but they're still my favorite brand, lol), and supermoto is awesome! ive always liked the buells(im a sucker for american stuff, lol), but damn! that buell is HAWT! you guys have fun with those, i would love to have either!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Did you consider the Super Duke or were you interested in the enduro abilities of your 950?

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Yeah, I really considered the SD- it was between those two bikes for me. I picked the SM because its carburated vs. FI, had a better clutch slave cylinder setup, and the seating position was much more comfortable for me [im 6'2 190]. PLus, I'm a dirt guy at heart, so I could hop straight on this thing and shred.

I couldn't be any happier with this thing. I love the Buell too, but man, this thing makes the Buell feel like and old man's bike.

Users who are viewing this thread