Got away from me in second!

Boogie70

Established Member
I think I killed my baby. I took off in first and thought I could handle the spinning it was doing in second and that was all she wrote. Once I couldn't straigten it up in second she B-lines straight for the ditch! I think she is going to be totaled and to be honest I hope that it is because I don't want to be with a car that substained this much damaged. I'm waiting for the adjuster's verdict. What do you guys think! I didn't get a pic but the rear quater panel is buckled on the passenger side from when the car spun around in the ditch and hit the bank in the passenger rear.

wrecked3.jpg

wrecked1.jpg

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. These cars are no joke and can get away from absolutely anyone at anytime. It could have been worse. RIP Silver Snake.

Boogie70

Established Member
Thanks guys...It was a heartbreaker and on top of that the cop loaded me up with some tickets. Driving left of center, Wreckless driving, exhibition of speed. He even tried for a DUI even though I didn't blow the limit of .08. His thinking was because I had some alcohol in me I did this because I was impared. spent all day with a lawyer so he can see if he can get some of those offenses dropped. No one else was hurt nor was I or the passenger, only my ego and pride. I'm thinking if they let me buy it back, put the drivetrain in my 88 coupe. A lot of work and I'm not sure if I am up to it.

Last edited:

20-COBRA-03

Banned
i hold onto 550+ horsepower on a cold road all the time... i get sideways for fun. no offense, but if its that much of a challenge for you, i wouldn't recommend putting that drivetrain in a car that weighs 600lbs or more less... good luck with everything

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
That sucks man and looks like a total but I'm no insurance adjuster.
Also why do the pics say 09/27/2005?
It was spinning so fast he went back in time. I've seen it happen before with a Viper. Dude ended up in 1812 and couldn't find any gasoline. Had to ride a horse back home with a mule towing the car back. Tragic.

Glad no one was hurt. Hope it ends well. :beer:

Satyr

Established Member
Drinking+550 hp+cold roads=this

sorry to see this...glad that no one was hurt.
looks like there's a good chance for salvation, though.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
Sorry to hear about the car man, that sucks and i hope you get out of some of those tickets. Those tickets are just adding salt to the wound.

Boogie70

Established Member
Pics displays 9/27/2005 because it was my buddy's camera and we loaded it with fresh batteries without resetting the date. I guess that's the camera born on date. As far as the adjuster goes, he'll see the same thing in the police report. We'll see what happens. I will post the outcome.

BTW...some of you dudes are just plain cold to the bone!

Users who are viewing this thread