Got called out, My L vs 00 Harley Procharged

NeverEndn

Established Member
Lightning vs Procharged 00' Harley Outcome, inside, scroll down!!!

Who do you think will win i have an 04 L, with dynatech longtubes and full exhaust, FTVB, boost bypass, C&L CAI, and Nitto 555r's vs 2000 F150 Harley Procharged P1SC with 3 core intercooler, same exhaust as me, running 9psi. Im thinking i wipe the floor with him what do you guys think, i race him tomorrow. My best at the track is a 13.32@102mph with a 1.87 60ft. :rockon:

Last edited:

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
I'm not an expert on racing but I think you'll take him. The Harley is heavier than the "L" and you are making more torque off the line with your Eaton compared to his Procharger. The Harley will be looking at your SVT tailgate badge all the way. :rockon:

URBAN COWBOY

203Cree

Established Member
I'd say as long as you go from a dig, you stand a pretty good chance. There's no way he's got the low end you do, not with a Procharger anyway.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
You got 'em from a dig. From a roll, it'll be much closer, advantage you with less weight. Why not slap a 4lber on thier... lol

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
The procharger's make great power up high, but if you guys go from a dead stop, your torque will eat him alive. Best of luck! :thumbsup:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
nastynivek said:
Kick his butt and convince him to upgrade to an L.

hey now, some guys need the extra room...

the only way to find out who will win is just to race, you will probably win because of the reasons already stated....the low end torque you have.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
its gunna be closer then you guys think. that 00 harley has 9.5:1 compression which means its gunna make more power on the same boost. i wouldnt be suprised if it ran right with you. but good luck. get him out the hole and hope he doesnt come back fast

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
beenstruck said:
its gunna be closer then you guys think. that 00 harley has 9.5:1 compression which means its gunna make more power on the same boost. i wouldnt be suprised if it ran right with you. but good luck. get him out the hole and hope he doesnt come back fast
Thank you, the compression was going to be my argument. 9.5:1 + 9 PSI against a stock pullied L, it'll be closer than one would think.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
also, the 00 hd is only an extended cab right? so its not going to be as heavy as the 4 door. i wonder what kind of numbers that hd is putting out with the procharger. good luck, and personally i think youll win.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
04SilverBullet said:
hey now, some guys need the extra room...

Don't get all sensitive on me, (like someone else on this forum always does)...

I'm not bashing the Harley. I'd like to have one. One of my friends has a 03 or 04 Harley F-150, I forget the exact year model. Anyway, it's a two-tone DSG/Silver color. Very nice lookin' truck. Too bad SVT didn't put any effort into the Lightning's interior. My friend's Harley has a beautiful interior compared to my L. But, I'll still kill him from a dig. Just saying that if the Harley guy wants to call out an L he'd better have done his homework.

Should be an interesting race. :beer:

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
nastynivek said:
Don't get all sensitive on me, (like someone else on this forum always does)...

I'm not bashing the Harley. I'd like to have one. One of my friends has a 03 or 04 Harley F-150, I forget the exact year model. Anyway, it's a two-tone DSG/Silver color. Very nice lookin' truck. Too bad SVT didn't put any effort into the Lightning's interior. My friend's Harley has a beautiful interior compared to my L. But, I'll still kill him from a dig. Just saying that if the Harley guy wants to call out an L he'd better have done his homework.

Should be an interesting race. :beer:

no worries, just giving you a hard time. I loved my L and always will but you are right on the interior...my HD is soo much nicer and more comfortable.

p.s. that is a 03 if it is two-tone.

boca ron

Banned
you will destroy him, and ask yourself later how did i even think it would be close.my math says he will need about fifty million twnety eight horse power to beat you from a whatever dig dag dug or whatever you call it hehe destroy that dump truck

NeverEndn

Established Member
We'll we raced and here's the verdict we went from a dig and i let off at about 100mph at about the same length as a quarter mile, i had him by about a 4-5 trucks, hard to tell, then we went from a 30mph roll , i got by about the same 4-5 trucks cause the procharger has almost like a turbo lag, then we went on the highway from a 60mph roll i had him by about 3 trucks. Well i was expecting more but he's getting it tuned and putting a 12psi pulley on with Lightning MAF, 42lb injectors and then he wants to race again, i still think i will beat him stock but to bad for him by then i will have my 6lb and tune on LOL!!! This is another one for the Lightnings boyz. Outta the whole for him its like he doesnt even have a supercharger until almost 3000rpm, not me tho!! On the dyno he made 299.9rwhp and 364rwtq, i made 360rwhp and 447rwtq. I'll let you guys know when the next rematch is.

I give my buddy credit but i tryed telling him do either buy a Lightning or do a Lightning motor swap, but he wouldn't he wants to do it this way which is cool cause its different it just costs more money but when its done it will be fast. But in the end he'll still see my Lightnings a**. LOL

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good results man. as i figured.. your friend should keep in mind that squeezing all that extra out of that motor is going to push the limits. our motors are better suited to handle the extra power.

Users who are viewing this thread