Got Dyno'd and base tune!!!

bornatiger

Established Member
Took the car to Eric Brooks! We did a pull with the DS Predator 93 tune, it was pretty rich. Then he flashed the car with his own "cookie cutter" tune and it picked up 4.5 hp at peak and almost 12hp from 4200-4800rpm. The reason it was a "cookie cutter" tune, as he calls it, is because I am going back in a month or so with na svt sri, longtubes, and imrc deletes. I will get a video up in a few, but here's the dyno sheet.
vyws2x.jpg

Dyno Video
http://youtu.be/rKixoerKSOg

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

98BlownSVT

Established Member
Looks like good numbers for a stock engine, I thought these motors were supposed to pull to 7k?

4vRedone

Banned
That sheet looks exactly like mine and all i have over you is cai h pipe and catback i put down 284hp and 288torque

bornatiger

Established Member
I thought it was decent for just a drop in filter and o/r x. Looking for over 315, will be satisfied with 305, next visit.:rockon:

Bishop03

4v+DOHC=Big Power
Established Member
Keep us updated. I do here longtubes are only good for 5hps

What mods to plan on doing to hit 315?

bornatiger

Established Member
Lt's without a tune are good for 5hp. At least that's my understanding. I am installing a sri and imrc deletes with them. That should net me a pretty good gain. Crossing fingers for 315.

shurur

Established Member
Thanks for posting this stuff man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking at JBA ML and catted midpipe (for now) and later the NA_SVT SRI...so this is of keen interest to me.

Also is this the Eric Brooks who had some articles in modded mustang years ago??....used to be involved in suspension stuff and talked about scavenging power by getting rid of suspension parasitics??..Those articles launched me on my suspension mods...

Last edited:

bornatiger

Established Member
Thanks for posting this stuff man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking at JBA ML and catted midpipe (for now) and later the NA_SVT SRI...so this is of keen interest to me.

Also is this the Eric Brooks who had some articles in modded mustang years ago??....used to be involved in suspension stuff and talked about scavenging power by getting rid of suspension parasitics??..Those articles launched me on my suspension mods...
No prob, shurur! Todd(na svt) already has my lower intake. I'm putting the longtubes on this weekend and as soon as the intake is here, I will be throwing it on and heading back to see Eric. I don't know about the articles, though. You could e-mail him.

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
Please post video and chart after install of lt's and sri...very interested in outcome.

Sent from Tap-A-Junk

bornatiger

Established Member
I have a new aluminum flywheel and clutch. I am contemplating putting them on just to get a few more ponies. But part of me wants to wait so I can get a # for just the lt's and sri. Hmmmm dilemma. :nonono:
If I decide to do the flywheel I'm gonna go all out and do the March 1175 too. Which will completely skew everything!:lol1: But I will have a quite significant gain in power all together.

bornatiger

Established Member
I have a tick coming from the bottom end. It ain't an exhaust leak either. Maybe something in the trans. I doubt it though.
Gotta postpone the intake (its sitting right next to me) install and tune.
Sorry to all the folks that were looking forward to the before and after #'s.

bornatiger

Established Member
sorry to hear about your tick, but Eric is the shit! glad you went to him.

Yeah, he kinda cut me a deal because he knew what I was doing and he was curious about the gains as well. I will be calling him when I figure out what I need to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread