Got dyno'd today on my home built block new #'s

DolSVT00

Established Member
Ported eaton 8# lower 2.80 upper,stock cams,home ported heads,Intake,TB,home built short block, Meth injection 502/574 on an AWD mustang dyno.

Funny thing was...... I picked up 20 hp and 7 ftlbs of torque off the Meth.... I only dyno'd my street tune 16* of timing and didn't add one more of degree when I sprayed the meth, I can only assume the gain was from the meth cooling the hot charge of the Eaton.

Will upload the chart later, my scanner took a crap so I gotta get a camera and take a picture of it.

Old numbers on the stock block (race tune was 466/565 same dyno)

DolSVT00

Established Member
Thanks Stan, I can't believe it did soo good on a motor I built myself, I've never even built a V8 before, I've only built a Boxer 4 cyl (subaru) motor before this.

SVT2122

Established Member
Those are awesome numbers, congrats and kudo's to doing it yourself. I would have no where near enough patience for something such as that.

And whats FFS mean? :beer:

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
Congrats on the numbers.
That meth really helped the Eaton out.
The Eaton is done at that point, especially on a built motor with ported heads.
Time for some nitrous or a bigger blower.
Again, congrats.

DolSVT00

Established Member
Congrats on the numbers.
That meth really helped the Eaton out.
The Eaton is done at that point, especially on a built motor with ported heads.
Time for some nitrous or a bigger blower.
Again, congrats.

I belive that's exactly what happened, with the exception of summertime I don't think you would see those types of gains on a whipple/KB. I think the Eaton benifited from it because It's out of steam at the point I'm at.

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Ported eaton 8# lower 2.80 upper,stock cams,home ported heads,Intake,TB,home built short block, Meth injection 502/574 on an AWD mustang dyno.

Funny thing was...... I picked up 20 hp and 7 ftlbs of torque off the Meth.... I only dyno'd my street tune 16* of timing and didn't add one more of degree when I sprayed the meth, I can only assume the gain was from the meth cooling the hot charge of the Eaton.

Will upload the chart later, my scanner took a crap so I gotta get a camera and take a picture of it.

Old numbers on the stock block (race tune was 466/565 same dyno)

How much boost you running?? My numbers are 490/568 and I have similar set up. On the stock Eaton, 10# lower, stock upper, built block, stage 3 heads/cams, LTs, meth inject, SCT, and we tried to squeeze out 500 but looked like the Eaton was at its max. I was pushing 14#s and some how lost a couple #s to drop to 12#s. I had a 2.75 upper and home ported Eaton and dropped down 481/567. A whipple is on the list next spring, but seeing 500 now would have been music to my eyes. Just my luck I guess.:shrug: Good job on your numbers!!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread